The Art-Music and Linguistics Forum
August 10, 2022, 05:37:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Posts not about the topic!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posts not about the topic!  (Read 115 times)
betty coatsworth
Level 1

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2022, 09:48:53 pm »

I am surpirsed that you, as an academic, proffer as 'evidence' that something is 'well-known'.  A little more rigour, please.

I stand by my opinions - if it is "well known" to myself that is plenty enough evidence for me, having no doubt more letters after my name than you have had hot dinners! Should it be required, I could supply "chapter and verse" but I fear that such citations would be wasted in the face of such ignorant intransigence. No doubt myself and greek will endeavour to enlist a veritable army to defeat such nonsense.

Thank you. Quod erat demonstrandum.

Attempting to quote Latin to myself shows inordinate pretension and a lack of perspective as regards our respective intellectual achievements. As mentioned elsewhere, a new broom sweeps clean.
Report Spam   Logged
Lionel Harrison
Level 7

Times thanked: 87

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2022, 10:03:33 pm »

I am surpirsed that you, as an academic, proffer as 'evidence' that something is 'well-known'.  A little more rigour, please.

I stand by my opinions - if it is "well known" to myself that is plenty enough evidence for me, having no doubt more letters after my name than you have had hot dinners! Should it be required, I could supply "chapter and verse" but I fear that such citations would be wasted in the face of such ignorant intransigence. No doubt myself and greek will endeavour to enlist a veritable army to defeat such nonsense.

Attempting to quote Latin to myself shows inordinate pretension and a lack of perspective as regards our respective intellectual achievements. As mentioned elsewhere, a new broom sweeps clean.

And?

Report Spam   Logged
betty coatsworth
Level 1

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2022, 10:19:39 pm »

And?

One-word (monosyllabic) answers do not an argument make. I can see that we clearly digress over several points, but these can be addressed in due course no doubt by the administration. As I have mentioned elsewhere I see a brighter future for AMLF away from the pernicious influence of the previous regime. I personally do not want to see posts which have no intellectual input, nor do I wish to know what people are listening to. This is, as the banner heading reads, a place which is "erudite" and "decorous", filled with "freedom and delight". I think that says it all, but sometimes freedom has to come with conditions, whether delightful or not. I think you can interpret this, although it is not in Old English.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: