The Art-Music Forum
January 26, 2022, 10:17:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Truly bizarre behavior at Unsung Composers

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truly bizarre behavior at Unsung Composers  (Read 318 times)
Santo Neuenwelt
Level 1

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2021, 09:26:13 pm »

Not sure if I am doing this correctly as I am new here. This is a "necropost' as the last poster appears to have posted 4 years ago. I must say I am delighted to find that I am not the only person to have been insulted or mistreated by the moderator A.H. (not Adolf Hitler although he bears some characteristics in common with der Fuhrer)

I opined that one of his favorite hobby horses was not the second greatest unsung composer of all time. By his response, you would have though that I had stomped on his corns. I decided this was not the kind of board I wanted to remain on and left UC.

I eventually sent Mark Thomas, whom I never knew to be insulting, a personal message explaining what happened. He did not keep it personal but gave it to A.H. who then sent me a personal message. In it he gave a rather tepid apology which would never have come if Mark had not given him my message. Since A.H. wanted a reply, I replied. I accepted his apology but quoted Omar Khayyam famous verse from his Rubiayat "The moving finger writes, and having writ, moves, nor all they piety nor wit, shall lure it back to cancel half a line, nor all thy tears wash out a word of it.

Well, A.H. showed it to M.T. who then sent me an insulting email the effect of which was good riddance. Apparently PMs are not personal and civility is not something practiced at UC. Glad to be here, I hope.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 10:38:43 am by Admin » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Albion
Level 8

Times thanked: 81

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 12:16:28 am »

Not sure if I am doing this correctly as I am new here. This is a "necropost' as the last poster appears to have posted 4 years ago. I must say I am delighted to find that I am not the only person to have been insulted or mistreated by the moderator A.H. (not Adolf Hitler although he bears some characteristics in common with der Fuhrer)

I opined that one of his favorite hobby horses was not the second greatest unsung composer of all time. By his response, you would have though that I had stomped on his corns. I decided this was not the kind of board I wanted to remain on and left UC.

I eventually sent Mark Thomas, whom I never knew to be insulting, a personal message explaining what happened. He did not keep it personal but gave it to A.H. who then sent me a personal message. In it he gave a rather tepid apology which would never have come if Mark had not given him my message. Since A.H. wanted a reply, I replied. I accepted his apology but quoted Omar Khayyam famous verse from his Rubiayat "The moving finger writes, and having writ, moves, nor all they piety nor wit, shall lure it back to cancel half a line, nor all thy tears wash out a word of it.

Well, A.H. showed it to M.T. who then sent me an insulting email the effect of which was good riddance. Apparently PMs are not personal and civility is not something practiced at UC. Glad to be here, I hope.

You are most welcome at AMF, I had tussles with moderators at UC over several years until I just gave up. When I suggested that Henry Gadsby may be worthy of investigation I not only stomped on A.H.'s corns but popped a poker up his flue. I think you'll have gathered the policy here, i.e. there ain't none. So just post whatever you like quite randomly, that'll do nicely...

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
Lionel Harrison
Level 7

Times thanked: 83

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 08:25:19 am »

You are most welcome at AMF, I had tussles with moderators at UC over several years until I just gave up. When I suggested that Henry Gadsby may be worthy of investigation I not only stomped on A.H.'s corns but popped a poker up his flue. I think you'll have gathered the policy here, i.e. there ain't none. So just post whatever you like quite randomly, that'll do nicely...

Cheesy

Hear, hear! Welcome to AMF, Santo.
Report Spam   Logged
Balapoel
Level 2

Times thanked: 23

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2021, 06:11:19 pm »

You're welcome here, Santo. Many of us have been treated to insulting, demeaning, and downright rude behavior at UC. Many of us have come here, and find a much more welcoming environment focused on music, not a narrow arrogant, and myopic view of A.H.
Report Spam   Logged
dhibbard
Level 8

Times thanked: 66

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 06:22:53 pm »

Welcome !!   Many of us have been kicked around and bruised by the hosts over at UC....  no such dictatorial behavior here at AMF.
Report Spam   Logged
Lionel Harrison
Level 7

Times thanked: 83

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2021, 07:25:46 pm »

To paraphrase the Second Viscount Melbourne, "I wish I were as certain of anything as A.H. is of everything."
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2021, 11:41:02 am »

Many of us have come here, and find a much more welcoming environment focused on music...

...strange birthday parties and train wrecks.

no such dictatorial behavior here at AMF.

BAH! I'll have no truck with levity, random pictures or posts about anything scribbled after 1918.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
JimL
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 02:41:45 am »

Welcome, Santo! I got myself booted out of UCF a couple of years ago. I actually considered rejoining under a pseudonym for a while, but then I realized that I would lose more by doing so than I would gain, and opted to make this my sole forum. I look forward to your continued participation here.
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 48

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 08:55:47 am »

Velkom Santo! I myself joined zis Führom......(I mean,forum!) zum time ago,under ze pseudonym (unbeknown to ze host,Herr Albion). I hope you vill be behaving yourself! jawohl

AH
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 09:03:34 am »

Ze Art Music Forum vill last for a thousand years!

Ops! I'm thinking I have blown meinem cover! Roll Eyes Sad
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 09:33:19 am »

Und back to ze topic! Zis great man,if you please! (Well,it's vorth a try!)
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 10:32:54 am »

Ze Art Music Forum vill last for a thousand years!

Only by adherence to the following strictly-enforced rules:

1. No humour is allowed

2. No silly and irrelevant pictures are posted

3. No music written after 63 B.C. is discussed

Should be tickety-boo then, methinks...

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Santo Neuenwelt
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 05:36:10 pm »

Za führer says, ja, ja, not zeh real one, I mean zuh udder A.H. Anyway, he zays, I am za 2nd greatest composer..oops unsung composer in za verld. Ja, he zays dat. But, you know, he haz never played any of my kvartets or my unsprechbar kvintet...Ja, zis A.H. is a real Liebhaber fuer Felix...
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2022, 10:32:06 am »

Za führer says, ja, ja, not zeh real one, I mean zuh udder A.H. Anyway, he zays, I am za 2nd greatest composer..oops unsung composer in za verld. Ja, he zays dat. But, you know, he haz never played any of my kvartets or my unsprechbar kvintet...Ja, zis A.H. is a real Liebhaber fuer Felix...

Nein! Nein! Truly,I am ze greatest!
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2022, 10:42:13 am »

Who's this Rufinatscha,guy! Everywhun knows ah'm the greatest! And hey,wha's ma photo so small?!! Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: