The Art-Music Forum
October 28, 2021, 06:04:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Bax,Bantock & Gardiner Dutton

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bax,Bantock & Gardiner Dutton  (Read 59 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 48

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2021, 07:01:26 pm »

If you squint hard enough you might be able to make out some words! Roll Eyes I think the Bantock would interest me the most! But I must admit I won't be rushing to buy it! I'll need every penny for the Daniel Jones & the Brian Faust,if possible?!! They won't be a pre-order though,I'm afraid! Sad I think it will be Daniel Jones first! How can I resist?!! Roll Eyes Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 07:13:16 pm »

If you squint hard enough you might be able to make out some words! Roll Eyes I think the Bantock would interest me the most! But I must admit I won't be rushing to buy it! I'll need every penny for the Daniel Jones & the Brian Faust,if possible?!! They won't be a pre-order though,I'm afraid! Sad I think it will be Daniel Jones first! How can I resist?!! Roll Eyes Grin

At least Dutton and Lyrita are still alive! Hyperion and Chandos seem to have largely given up the ghost as far as out-of-the-way rep is concerned. I see there is now more Bruckner on Chandos (just released but recorded in 2012!)...

https://www.chandos.net/products/catalogue/CHAN%2020221

...why, oh why, oh bloody why? Worra load of old kerjangers.

Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 07:20:58 pm »

Yes,that is encouraging,obviously! And thank you to them (and Cpo,by the way!). And a new Peter Grimes from Chandos!! Now,I do enjoy listening to that opera,but,imo,there are a few very good recordings,already,and I,personally,don't need another one! And more Bruckner from Chandos?!! Aren't there enough recording's?!!! I see a pre-order from big Bruckner fan,Lionel!! Grin

Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 07:33:38 pm »

Another Bruckner cd!! Shocked Roll Eyes Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 07:49:15 pm »

Another Bruckner cd!! Shocked Roll Eyes Sad

Oh yes, and no doubt more is in the pipeline. I truly think that Bruckner's music is well worth getting to know, but surely there are enough recordings of the symphonies by now to satisfy the most ardent devotee.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: