The Art-Music Forum
September 28, 2021, 02:32:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Albion .... are you the new moderator??

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albion .... are you the new moderator??  (Read 167 times)
dhibbard
Level 8

Times thanked: 66

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2021, 06:14:57 pm »

I have noticed that Albion seems to be the main moderator of this forum??     seems like he is driving most of the activity. 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 77

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 06:47:59 pm »

Maris (Latvian) is co-moderator. He is very busy with other matters at the moment but hopes to become more involved again as time permits.

Smiley

In the meantime, I'm afraid you're stuck with guess who? I've heard he's a real tyrant and swiftly stamps upon any hint of levity.

Roll Eyes

Plus, he works with a dodgy old second-hand laptop that may conk out at any given moment.

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
dhibbard
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 06:55:56 pm »

ok then...  welcome !!!   there is a lot of music that several of us have downloaded in the download sections...  please enjoy !!
Report Spam   Logged
dhibbard
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 06:56:57 pm »

Obviously... Sibelius is one of my favorite composers...  he has been at the top of the list for a while.
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 07:00:24 pm »

ok then...  welcome !!!   there is a lot of music that several of us have downloaded in the download sections...  please enjoy !!

Many thanks, and please keep involved here at AMF. Your contributions are highly valued and much appreciated!

Smiley

Obviously... Sibelius is one of my favorite composers...  he has been at the top of the list for a while.

The avatar gives the game away!

Wink

A great composer. My avatar portrays one of somewhat more modest ambition and achievement...

Roll Eyes

...in fact, somewhat like me!

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
dhibbard
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 07:44:31 pm »

I just got the Marco Polo Cowen CD in the mail this week..... 
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 07:57:13 pm »

I just got the Marco Polo Cowen CD in the mail this week..... 

Great stuff! Just listen beyond the actual recording quality and I hope that you'll find a real character in the music. Please let us know your verdict! And remember that the Indian Rhapsody is "Native American" in inspiration, NOT Asian.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 08:16:34 pm »

Plus, he works with a dodgy old second-hand laptop that may conk out at any given moment.

Shocked

At which point I shall hand over the baton (possibly fumbled) to Lionel.

Don't worry Lionel. As if I would burden anybody else with the almost insufferable burden of having to deal with such an unruly rabble as can be found here at AMF.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Lionel Harrison
Level 7

Times thanked: 83

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 09:47:12 pm »

Shocked

At which point I shall hand over the baton (possibly fumbled) to Lionel.

Don't worry Lionel. As if I would burden anybody else with the almost insufferable burden of having to deal with such an unruly rabble as can be found here at AMF.

Smiley
'Freight train, freight train, Goin' so fast...'.

I always wondered whether the lady that used to sing that song was really called Nancy Whiskey or if it was just an apposite soubriquet.
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2021, 10:03:42 pm »

I always wondered whether the lady that used to sing that song was really called Nancy Whiskey or if it was just an apposite soubriquet.

Uh-oh! Believe me that ain't no tea she's a-suppin'. The spliff was courtesy of an associate who nipped round earlier (going by the name of "F") - only a shilling an eighth...

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Lionel Harrison
Level 7

Times thanked: 83

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2021, 10:31:31 pm »

Uh-oh! Believe me that ain't no tea she's a-suppin'. The spliff was courtesy of an associate who nipped round earlier (going by the name of "F") - only a shilling an eighth...

Wink

Grin

Lawks, you wouldn't want to try taking any liberties with her.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: