The Art-Music Forum
October 24, 2021, 04:36:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Another birthday!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another birthday!  (Read 2918 times)
Lionel Harrison
Level 7

Times thanked: 83

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2021, 10:09:13 am »

I suspected as much. A wee tincture of some sort...

Aye, a little bit of this, a little bit of that and a little bit of the other can produce great results...

...in a limited number of cases.

Tongue

One wonders whether her obvious decline was caused by a little bit of this, a little bit of that or a little bit of the other. One needs to know which to avoid!
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2021, 10:12:33 am »

One wonders whether her obvious decline was caused by a little bit of this, a little bit of that or a little bit of the other. One needs to know which to avoid!

I suspect quite a lot of the other...

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
Lionel Harrison
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2021, 10:15:23 am »

Shocked

Thank you. Duly noted. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2021, 11:34:09 am »

Shocked

Ah, potions, lotions, unctions and ointments: Florrie ministered to many in their hour of need. Just in case she nips in for a cuppa and a slice of Battenburg feel free to avail yourself of this sage advice...

...works every time. Oh, you could ring 111 and keel over whilst you're waiting to be connected to the next operator: "please do not attend the practice if you have a health-related condition"...

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
Lionel Harrison
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2021, 11:45:54 am »

Shocked

Ah, potions, lotions, unctions and ointments: Florrie ministered to many in their hour of need. Just in case she nips in for a cuppa and a slice of Battenburg feel free to avail yourself of this sage advice...

...works every time. Oh, you could ring 111 and keel over whilst you're waiting to be connected to the next operator: "please do not attend the practice if you have a health-related condition"...

Roll Eyes

Monopoly (2021 version): Go to the Undertaker; Go directly to the Undertaker; Do not pass the Surgery; Do not collect 200...

Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2021, 12:15:55 pm »

Monopoly (2021 version): Go to the Undertaker; Go directly to the Undertaker; Do not pass the Surgery; Do not collect 200...

Undecided

Cheesy

I'd still collect the 200, pay for at least a fraction of meself to be cremated. Ah, the purifying flames - bloody hell they've got their work cut out...

...ker-junk. Someone forgot to oil the wheels, typical.

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Lionel Harrison
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2021, 12:24:31 pm »

Undecided

Cheesy

I'd still collect the 200, pay for at least a fraction of meself to be cremated. Ah, the purifying flames - bloody hell they've got their work cut out...

...ker-junk. Someone forgot to oil the wheels, typical.

Roll Eyes

What a comforting thought. Con calore, as Gershwin frequenly instructed!
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2021, 12:31:08 pm »

What a comforting thought. Con calore, as Gershwin frequently instructed!

Welcome to the AMF Marjorie Proops thread. You gotta problem? We gotta useless bit of old bilge masquerading as advice...

...cheques made payable to "Albion".

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Lionel Harrison
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2021, 12:42:45 pm »

What a comforting thought. Con calore, as Gershwin frequently instructed!

Welcome to the AMF Marjorie Proops thread. You gotta problem? We gotta useless bit of old bilge masquerading as advice...

...cheques made payable to "Albion".

Cheesy

Cheesy

Although I always preferred dear Claire Rayner, who habitually concluded her advice with an urgent, "Will you do that for me, luvvie? Will you? Tell me you'll do that for me, luvvie!"
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2021, 12:50:42 pm »

I always preferred dear Claire Rayner, who habitually concluded her advice with an urgent, "Will you do that for me, luvvie? Will you? Tell me you'll do that for me, luvvie!"

Frankly, couldn't be arsed meself - rather toddle down the road for some 9% lager and some knock-off baccy of dubious pedigree. Heavens to Betsy, what can have occurred?..

...they sure had some rollicking rail-track fun back in the day.
Report Spam   Logged

Lionel Harrison
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2021, 12:53:22 pm »

I always preferred dear Claire Rayner, who habitually concluded her advice with an urgent, "Will you do that for me, luvvie? Will you? Tell me you'll do that for me, luvvie!"

Frankly, couldn't be arsed meself - rather toddle down the road for some 9% lager and some knock-off baccy of dubious pedigree. Heavens to Betsy, what can have occurred?..

...they sure had some rollicking rail-track fun back in the day.

Aah! Now that's what I've been waiting for!
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2021, 12:58:33 pm »

The torments of Tantalus...

...I like mine filled with a decent purloined brandy.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2021, 01:46:50 pm »

Wink

I'll bet old Heinrich Biber enjoyed a tipple (or several, judging from Battalia a 10), especially when he celebrated Another birthday!. The toxic fermentations of Florrie no doubt contributed not a little to the conviviality...

...bottoms up!
Report Spam   Logged

Lionel Harrison
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2021, 02:28:43 pm »

Wink

I'll bet old Heinrich Biber enjoyed a tipple (or several, judging from Battalia a 10), especially when he celebrated Another birthday!. The toxic fermentations of Florrie no doubt contributed not a little to the conviviality...

...bottoms up!

Hic!!
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2021, 03:14:28 pm »

Hic!!

Nice try, still think the Secretary of State for Transport should be held accountable...

...caught napping, eh?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: