The Art-Music Forum
January 23, 2022, 02:57:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Another birthday!

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another birthday!  (Read 4483 times)
Lionel Harrison
Level 7

Times thanked: 83

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 26, 2021, 09:58:35 am »

Christfried Schmidt (1932), Earl Wild (1915), Frank Simon (1889), Gunnar Karrby (1921), Gunnar Sønstevold (1912), Hans Schreiber (1912), Johannes Bach (1604), Mareo Ishiketa (1916), Nader Mashayekhi (1958), Niels Otto Raasted (1888), Sandro Fuga (1906), Scott Bradley (1891), Stan Lebowsky (1926), Thomas Tellefsen (1823), Xosé Baldomir (1867)

Yep, here she is again to enliven an otherwise drab affair. Don't know what she's stirring up in her bowl but it's bound to be something strident, if not positively toxic...

...I just hope there's still some room in the recycling bin for all that cardboard.

Smiley

That's a thought, Earl Wild vs Mrs Mills in one of those 'Duel of the Pianists' shindigs that Liszt, Thalberg and such people indulged in in the nineteenth century. Having said that, 'the best of the rest' of today's bunch is undoubtdly Scott Bradley: the music he wrote for the Tom & Jerry cartoons verges on genius. As he himself wrote, "I hope Dr. Schoenberg will forgive me for using his system to produce funny music, but even the boys in the orchestra laughed when we were recording it". Apparently, MGM studio concertmaster Lou Raderman complained: "Scott writes the most blank-blank-blank difficult fiddle music in Hollywood … He is going to break my fingers!"
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: