The Art-Music Forum
December 05, 2021, 03:57:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hello Again!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Again!  (Read 685 times)
Lionel Harrison
Level 7

Times thanked: 83

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2021, 10:44:49 am »

For me it's the opening of RVW's 5th Symphony...

Report Spam   Logged
Lionel Harrison
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2021, 05:01:28 pm »

That is, once again, extremely kind! And yes, I do sometimes (or did) "conduct" the music I am listening to in my sitting room, I have occasionally danced and I am certainly moved to tears by some music. I recall Holst's reaction to hearing RVW's Tallis Fantasia in Gloucester Cathedral, gripping his seat lest he was levitated upwards by the spiritual power of the music. There have been many times in the concert hall I have held onto my seat to prevent losing control of my arms-at the grandeur of a Bruckner brass chorale for example. It is the way I respond to music and I make no apology for such a physical, visceral reaction.

Colin. I just found a couple of quotes from Maurice Ravel that entirely back up your (and my!) position: "Music, I feel, must be emotional first and intellectual second." And "We should always remember that sensitiveness and emotion constitute the real content of a work of art".

So there!
Report Spam   Logged
dhibbard
Level 8

Times thanked: 66

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2021, 07:22:11 pm »

Can someone tell me how to add the pictures to my postings?    I see a number of posts that include the photo of the CD jacket... I'd like to do the same.   ThanksKlAKKKKAKKKKA//Z
Report Spam   Logged
Lionel Harrison
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2021, 07:33:16 pm »

Can someone tell me how to add the pictures to my postings?    I see a number of posts that include the photo of the CD jacket... I'd like to do the same.   Thanks

I had to ask about this too and Albion very kindly told me the method. First, you find the photo you want to insert somewhere on the web; right click on it and select "copy image address". Then, come back to this "post reply" box, click on the "Insert Image" button above to produce the square backet img thingy. Position your cursor between the two sets of square brackets, right click and "paste" the image address that you have copied into it.  You can then check by clicking on the "Preview" button below whether it's worked.

Good luck!

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
dhibbard
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2021, 09:31:47 pm »

like this??

OK   thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Lionel Harrison
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2021, 10:14:20 pm »

like this??

OK   thanks

Yes!

Report Spam   Logged
dhibbard
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2021, 04:15:19 pm »

ok  I think I liked the color scheme we had before we went to this brownish color??    was it light green or blue before?    This present color reminds me of prunes? or decayed apple color... any thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 48

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2021, 05:00:35 pm »

I like prunes! Smiley The colour scheme makes me think of Werther's originals! I'd type some more,but I've got to take out my false teef!! Roll Eyes Grin

Report Spam   Logged
dhibbard
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2021, 05:04:29 pm »

yes it does

Report Spam   Logged
Lionel Harrison
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2021, 09:59:40 pm »

yes it does

I like Werther's Originals too and I have recently developed a taste for the chocolate-flavoured ones (not that they'll supplant the original 'originals', if you see what I mean). Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Alex Bozman
Level 2

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2021, 09:44:23 pm »

ok  I think I liked the color scheme we had before we went to this brownish color??    was it light green or blue before?    This present color reminds me of prunes? or decayed apple color... any thoughts?
I much preferred the green version. After pink, brown is probably my least favourite colour
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 8

Times thanked: 81

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2021, 10:28:31 pm »

I much preferred the green version. After pink, brown is probably my least favourite colour

Okey-dokey - a change is as good as a rest! Perhaps members may feel more inclined to post...

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: