The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
November 30, 2022, 08:36:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Otaka,Hisatada (1911 - 1951) - Sinfonietta for strings, 1937

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Otaka,Hisatada (1911 - 1951) - Sinfonietta for strings, 1937  (Read 91 times)
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2021, 08:14:33 am »

Otaka,Hisatada  (1911 - 1951) - Sinfonietta for strings, 1937
conductor: Yuzo Toyama,Sendai Philharmonic Orchestra
1. [0:00​]
2. [6:51​]
3. [16:52​]
4. [23:41​]
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest822
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 10:21:24 am »

Well, Jolly Roger, what a beautifully-crafted and attractive piece you have posted. I see that Hisatada Otaka studied (in Japan) with Klaus Pringsheim and subsequently in Vienna with Joseph Marx. I shouldn't be surprised if Otaka's very lyrical style can be attributed to the influence of Marx to some extent. I had not heard of Otaka before (or, indeed, many Japanese composers other than Toru Takemitsu) but he was obviously a gifted man. Incidentally, I see also that he was the father of that talented conductor Tadaaki Otaka who for some years did great service as principal conductor of the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and is now their conductor laureate. He also directed the Britten-Pears Orchestra, apparently. It seems the apple didn't fall far from the tree although, sadly, Tadaaki was only three years old when his father died (aged only 39).

I look forward to listening to the other works of Hisatada Otaka you have posted. If they are as rewarding as this Sinfonietta I shall be well-satisfied!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: