The Art-Music Forum
August 01, 2021, 05:38:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Administration update

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Administration update  (Read 249 times)
Admin
Administrator
Level 3

Times thanked: 51

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2021, 11:45:04 pm »

Our longtime forum member Albion has graciously agreed to join the administration of the forum. I hope this will allow for more timely action on any issues that may arise and more proactive action on reviving the forum. I've been pleased to administer the forum since Colin's abrupt departure but I really don't have the time to stay on top of everything consistently. I've had some time over the past week or two to make suggested changes to the home page and provide numerous files for Albion to add to his splendid British and Irish Music Archive, but a new project is going to take up more of my time soon. This forum deserves to survive and prosper, and I certainly will still be here, but I won't be able to devote the attention that it deserves and I hope Albion's energy and passion will help keep it going!

Maris
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lionel Harrison
Level 6

Times thanked: 81

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 07:33:56 am »

Our longtime forum member Albion has graciously agreed to join the administration of the forum. I hope this will allow for more timely action on any issues that may arise and more proactive action on reviving the forum. I've been pleased to administer the forum since Colin's abrupt departure but I really don't have the time to stay on top of everything consistently. I've had some time over the past week or two to make suggested changes to the home page and provide numerous files for Albion to add to his splendid British and Irish Music Archive, but a new project is going to take up more of my time soon. This forum deserves to survive and prosper, and I certainly will still be here, but I won't be able to devote the attention that it deserves and I hope Albion's energy and passion will help keep it going!

Maris

Thank you for your sterling service to the forum, Maris and may I wish you the very best of luck with your new project. Even though you will be handing over some administrative responsibility to Albion (another splendid fellow, by all accounts!) I do hope you still find time to make frequent contributions to the message boards. We need to hear your opinions if the forum is, as you say, to survive and prosper.
Report Spam   Logged
Latvian
Level 5

Times thanked: 83

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 09:59:50 am »

Thank you, Lionel! I certainly do plan to continue my presence here, but I'm relieved to hand over much day-to-day responsibility to Albion.

Thanks to Albion for finding a way to merge threads, something I was unable to figure out while poking around the Administrator account!

And thanks to both of you, and to others, for bringing the forum back (hopefully) from life support to more robust health with your enthusiastic posting!

Maris
Report Spam   Logged
Lionel Harrison
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 10:14:34 am »

I certainly do plan to continue my presence here...

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
christopher
Level 6

Times thanked: 80

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 11:09:15 am »

Many thanks Maris and Albion!
Report Spam   Logged
guest128
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 05:40:39 pm »

So do we just let bygones be bygones in regards to Colin's ignominious abandonment of the forum and his responsibilities to it?

One recalls the quite overweening moralistic abuse he directed towards Sydney Grew during the previous chaotic Administrative transition here for essentially the same offense he subsequently executed himself.
Report Spam   Logged
Lionel Harrison
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 06:03:33 pm »

So do we just let bygones be bygones in regards to Colin's ignominious abandonment of the forum and his responsibilities to it?

One recalls the quite overweening moralistic abuse he directed towards Sydney Grew during the previous chaotic Administrative transition here for essentially the same offense he subsequently executed himself.

Without knowing Colin's personal circumstances I think it's potentially invidious to comment further on his departure. And since none of us can do anything about it even if we were so minded, I don't see any alternative to letting bygones go by. Nor can I see that there's actually any mileage in bothering ourselves about it. Rather, I feel it's more productive to concentrate on going forwards and trying to revivify this forum.
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 77

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 08:38:20 pm »

Er, yes, Greg. Life (mine at least) is too short to be bothered with palpably pointless recriminations...

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
Latvian
Level 5

Times thanked: 83

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 10:49:42 pm »

I recall no "overweening moralistic abuse" from Colin toward anyone on this forum. Colin stepped forward in an unexpected situation, treated the forum with a much lighter hand than Sydney, and kept it going. The abuse came from Sydney. I don't know why Colin left so abruptly but without knowing his personal circumstances I see no reason to cast blame. Calling his departure "ignominious" borders on a personal attack, which is not acceptable on this forum.
Report Spam   Logged
christopher
Level 6

Times thanked: 80

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 11:42:26 am »

I absolutely agree with Maris and Lionel.  We know nothing of Colin's circumstances.  Having had the pleasure of meeting him once, I don't recognise any description of him as abusive, ignominious, etc.  Let's look forward, it's much more productive.
Report Spam   Logged
dhibbard
Level 8

Times thanked: 66

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 02:43:23 am »

I second the motion!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: