The Art-Music Forum
July 29, 2021, 08:45:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Erkki-Sven Tüür. Synergie

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erkki-Sven Tüür. Synergie  (Read 36 times)
dhibbard
Level 8

Times thanked: 66

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2021, 03:35:26 pm »

SYNERGY
February 26, 2021 at 7 pm, Estonia Concert Hall

Ülo Krigul. “Tambet” for percussion ensemble ~8′
VAMBOLA KRIGUL, TERJE TERASMAA, LAURI METSVAHI, KASPAR EISEL
Erkki-Sven Tüür. Synergie ~10′
FLORIAN DONDERER violin, THEODOR SINK cello
Franz Joseph Haydn. Symphony No. 103 in E-flat major (Drumroll) ~30′
Estonian National Symphony Orchestra
Principal Violin FLORIAN DONDERER

The leading role of the evening will be played by violinist Florian Donderer, the principal violin of Deutsche Kammerphilharmonie, who is familiar to the Estonian audience mainly thanks to his performances at the Pärnu Music Festival and with the Tallinn Chamber Orchestra. He also participated in the recording of the Estonian National Symphony Orchestra’s (ERSO) latest record featuring the music of Arvo Pärt (conductor Paavo Järvi, violin soloist Viktoria Mullova, Onyx 2018). After the two chamber works at the beginning of the concert, you will hear one of Haydn’s most-known opuses, the Drumroll symphony, performed under the direction of Donderer. The opus is the penultimate of Haydn’s twelve famous London symphonies.
Florian Donderer: "I grew up taking democracy for granted. Nowadays we know that we need to protect and fight for democracy. Translated into the organism „orchestra“: my ideal for each individual member of the orchestra is to have her/his voice heard and feel free to communicate as an artist. But is democratic art possible? To what extend are we prepared to accept hierarchy in the artistic process? Can we fulfill our artistic dreams in a group? Listening to each other and respecting as well as reacting to each other - isn’t that what’s music about? And yet, is it possible to reach a strong and individual artistic result without leadership? So, here we go, many things to muse about…
When working with an orchestra from my position as concertmaster I try to balance these topics. If we find a common way „language" to communicate and understand each other while making music, we have a good chance to enjoy our concert and make it enjoyable and interesting for the audience."

Tickets: 25 € / 18 €* PILETILEVI
Concert is without intermission.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: