The Art-Music Forum
September 28, 2021, 03:09:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Spam/Suspicious Posts

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spam/Suspicious Posts  (Read 113 times)
Admin
Administrator
Level 3

Times thanked: 51

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2018, 08:15:19 pm »

The previous Administrator (Sydney) gave no clear indication how often this site might be affected by spam and/or posts which might be regarded as suspicious. This may happen often; we simply do not know.

The new Administrators recognise an obligation to protect members from such posts-particularly if they contain links which may be dangerous if opened.

Members are respectfully asked to ensure that any links included in a post are to genuine sites. New members who include a link in their first post are liable to be greeted with a certain suspicion. A recent such post was deleted after consultation between the three co-moderators.

We would rather err on the side of caution than leave members open to having their pcs/laptops infected!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Admin
Administrator
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 09:48:25 pm »

Three very recent posts with a link but no accompanying text have been deleted.

I am very sorry if the links were to a genuinely useful site or if this upsets others but the prime responsibility here is to protect members' systems from possible infection.

If a link is being posted PLEASE provide some information which will provide guidance for those who might be interested.
Report Spam   Logged
Admin
Administrator
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 12:30:26 am »

I have just deleted a thread started by someone as a first post on here. The text of the post was a single sentence making the single point that "Indonesia really has bad music".

I am afraid that I do not consider that a serious contribution to our discussion on here. I am sorry if anyone feels that is "tough" or "unjust" but I do consider it part of my duty to protect members from frivolous posts of this kind.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: