The Art-Music Forum
June 27, 2022, 09:54:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Paul von Klenau - Symphony No.9 on DaCapo

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paul von Klenau - Symphony No.9 on DaCapo  (Read 311 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« on: April 11, 2016, 03:25:59 pm »

I too am extremely grateful for Gareth's detailed and hugely informative account of the state of the other von Klenau symphonies. It is clear that there are very good reasons why we have not heard the unrecorded scores Sad

I suppose that von Klenau's long absence from Denmark between 1902 and 1940 and his dismissive attitude towards other Danish composers must have lead many to regard him as more of a German composer than a Dane. Although he returned to Denmark in 1940 that was the year of the German occupation of his native country!

I do also agree with Greg that it would be nice to have more of the Tarp symphonies on disc. He is an unjustly neglected composer. There is, of course, also Niels Viggo Bentzon but where does one start with such a vast output. The early (and probably best) Bentzon symphonies are reasonably represented on disc. I still hope to hear the other two symphonies of Rudolph Simonsen. The two recorded by cpo were extremely enjoyable and colourful works.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: