The Art-Music Forum
January 23, 2022, 11:49:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

New from Lyrita in April: Wordsworth and Milner

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New from Lyrita in April: Wordsworth and Milner  (Read 1470 times)
Latvian
Level 5

Times thanked: 83

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 04:57:59 pm »

So... I listened to the opening minute or so of both performances, side by side, and it certainly appears they are indeed the same performance.

It's amazing what tricks your mind can play on you! I've had the "Del Mar" recording for over 40 years and got to know it quite well before I got the "Loughran" about 15 years ago. I was absolutely convinced the "Loughran" was a different performance, and a couple of friends I provided the recordings to as well were none the wiser. The sound quality is certainly different and I guess that contributed to my mistaken perception.

Thanks for pointing this out to me, and I now unreservedly welcome the Loughran recording from Lyrita, with the added anticipation that it will be in much better sound than either of the two recordings I've lived with to date. Still one of my very favorite symphonies, regardless!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: