The Art-Music Forum
October 18, 2021, 11:11:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

British and Irish Music

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British and Irish Music  (Read 35123 times)
Jim
Level 3

Times thanked: 10

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2012, 03:33:20 pm »

Thanks Jim.
I had quite a bit digitised already (apart from the symphonies) but Mediafire wasn't working for me when I joined UC. After eventual success with mediafire I came here for obvious reasons. Just clearing out cassettes that can go to the charity shop but saving and transferring the sharable items - always nice when you find things you totally forgot about!

'Where Haven Lies' is probably the only thing I have heard from 'A Princess of Kensington' and would love to see it too! I was surprised when Naxos released Tom Jones, a long time favourite of mine, and I was quite surprised at how the soloists often sounded very similar to the old LP excerpts (Gilbert Vinter and the Williams Singers etc.) - very glad they recorded the cut songs too, though two of them are in the concert version. Albion appears to have a source of arcane knowledge where old broadcasts are concerned.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: