The Art-Music and Linguistics Forum
August 09, 2022, 05:48:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

British and Irish Music

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British and Irish Music  (Read 37962 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 09, 2022, 07:16:58 pm »

Yes,I remember my adolescent joy at discovering that I could listen into PC plod by tuning the family radio to (near) the top of the FM band. I would treat the whole family to,"Echo,Charlie,Fox-trot,bleep!" If there was a chip pan on fire or a wonky headlight,they'd know about it! One day,to my horror I heard the cop saying he was going to my address. I pictured myself being pinned up against the wall and frisked (an overdose of Starsky & Hutch,perhaps?! Although,my imagination didn't run as far as Huggy Bear!! ;D) ) & bundled off  in a police car in front of my mum and dad! The knock of the door came & so did the cop,but no arrest! Apparently,some kids had lifted the front gate off & thrown it into the hedge!! (Almost on a par with a bank heist in the village where I lived!) As if they'd know I was listening to them?!! ::) ;D Oh,and listening into ship to shore phone calls on shortwave (Oops! Musn't mention that!) in the morning! All satellite & encryption now!! :(
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: