The Art-Music and Linguistics Forum
July 07, 2022, 05:50:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What are you currently listening to?

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 239   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you currently listening to?  (Read 75113 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: January 18, 2022, 02:11:13 pm »

Voice of Turkey!

The Voice of Turkey English broadcast on 12035khz shortwave on my own shortwave communication's receiver. A strong signal,with some slight fading & background hum! Segment's on Turkish history,folklore and tips on healthy eating & beauty tips! Things I've learnt from this! Turkish women have very sexy voices! (Can I say that,without being banned?! Shocked Grin) I think it's the husky,throaty timbre and those sensuous beats. Their pop music is also a bit better than most east european (and beyond!) pop music,I've had the misfortune to hear! Not that I'll be buying any!! They seem to have managed a more successful assimilation of their music and our own. And of course,those husky female voices are,definitely,a bonus! (Funny how the blokes don't sound so good!! Grin) To be honest,back in the days before the internet,Turkey would have been low on my list of radio stations to listen to on shortwave. But there's not that much left! And I've always been fascinated by radio waves since I was a youngster & found I could pick up all sorts of wierd and wonderful things on my parent's portable radio,besides the ones people usually listen to! (Including,the Police! No,not the band! The Dixon of Dock Green variety!) The Voice of Turkey definitely need to get an engineer to sort out their transmitter,though! I'm currently listening to static! Hopefully,it will come on again! (It's gone on & off twice already)

I remember I used to listen to the BBC World Service in bed at night,when I was young and still living with my mother and father! There wasn't any 24hr radio broadcasting back then & you could pick up the BBC World Service on Medium Wave at night. The other children in the village listened to Radio 1 and,in particular,Radio Luxembourg. But the non-stop chart music and inane chatter bored me to tears! Roll Eyes I needed food for my brain! Something to think about. (The BBC still had some decent programing,back then!)

Update! The wonky old Turkish transmitter's back on air!! More sexy sounding Turkish women wailing to sensuous beats! Shocked (Give up Madonna/Adele)!! I'm going to need a cold shower at this rate! Shocked Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 239   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: