The Art-Music Forum
September 17, 2021, 01:54:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Sorabji's Sequentia Cyclica from the Netherlands

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorabji's Sequentia Cyclica from the Netherlands  (Read 2641 times)
ahinton
Level 6

Times thanked: 27

View Profile WWW
« on: May 03, 2013, 08:47:52 pm »

Our best wishes to the estimable Mr Powell in this titanic endeavour Smiley
Indeed so - although his titanic endeavours have, of course, already been achieved and witnessed at the performance itself (which I had the honour and pleasure of attending). Quite how Mr Powell takes all this in and on continues to remain rather beyond me, I have to admit - yet take it all in and on he most magnificently has done! Just getting though that piece intelligently and intelligibly would probably be more than enough to put most of the tiny handful pianists that might be capable of doing so in hospital for an extended period of time; not, however, the uniquely indefatigable and commanding Mr Powell who, as I write, is performing another massively challenging work, Albéniz's splendid Iberia, in a festival in the north west of my country and I do so wish that it had been possible for me to be there, too!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: