The Art-Music Forum
July 29, 2021, 04:48:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

RVW's 9th

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RVW's 9th  (Read 905 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 47

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2013, 02:35:36 am »

Quite like the Sinfonia Antarctica,myself. But,you have to be in the right mood,because of it's cinematic origins (Glaciers,Penguins,stiff upper lip heroics,etc!). The Haitink recording was only the first,or second cd,I heard (I can't remember what the other one was. You could only borrow two from the library!). A few weeks later thieves robbed the library of every single cd. The Lps had been there for years!!!

I've got the Ninth ready for play,sometime today!

Teenagers must be a cerebral lot where you live! At my school,classical music was always met with jeers & loud yawns. The Sex Pistols;now that would have gone down well! The Human League,Kraftwerk & Duran Duran (for the girls) where I lived,amongst others! In fact,in all my years,I can count the number of people I have met who are into classical music,on one hand! And I have yet to encounter any young people blasting VW,Bach or even Mozart,from their open car windows,while walking though town! It's always club music or Rap! And the same down the pub! Sad

Of course there are some! I was one!! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: