The Art-Music Forum
October 28, 2021, 02:05:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Time, Forward!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time, Forward!  (Read 4150 times)
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 78

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2011, 10:14:41 am »

Thanks for the Kabalevsky examples, I enjoyed listening to those Smiley  And for the Denisov, which I didn't know at all.

Khrennikov could occasionally get the motor running, although he consciously avoid the kind of "mechanism" that I think we're looking for?  Although it's a bit of a slow burn, the last movt of Symphony No 2 gets going for a while Smiley

Khrennikov has been cast as a kind of "official ogre" in the West - but research indicates that perhaps he was using his influence with the Party to intervene in individual cases?  Perhaps we should not automatically write him off, anyhow..   there's decent music amongst his sometimes variable output.

This 1-hour French documentary about classical music during Stalin's time is worth watching if you speak Russian - sadly they've severely missed a trick by not subtitling the contributions by Rostro, Schedrin & Co Sad Or Khrennikov digging himself in deeper at 46:30 Sad Or Rostro explaining Khrennikov at 47:00  And a famous bit of "motoring" going on at 26:30 ff

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: