The Art-Music Forum
December 09, 2021, 03:59:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A place to discover and discuss a wide range of composers and music (both familiar and forgotten), recordings, broadcasts, books and art. Register, contribute and explore!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Sergei Slonimsky: Symphony No. 32

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sergei Slonimsky: Symphony No. 32  (Read 97 times)
Latvian
Level 5

Times thanked: 83

View Profile WWW
« on: November 01, 2012, 01:39:41 pm »

Slonimsky's 32nd (!) Symphony was premiered this past summer, and the concert was streamed over the internet. I know that an organization called ParaClassics streamed it via Facebook. The performance appears on classical-music-online.net, but is incomplete. Did anyone manage to download or record the live stream in its entirity? I can no longer find it anywhere. I sent a note to ParaClassics but haven't heard back from them yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 02:06:21 pm »

It is extremey nice to be able to repay some of the debt I owe to you, Maris, by uploading the Slonimsky Symphony No.32 Smiley Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
fr8nks
Level 2

Times thanked: 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 03:08:20 pm »

The version of Slonimsky's Symphony No.32 on classical-music-online-net is the exact length of Dundonnell's upload. Both are 20:24. Latvian, are these both incomplete?
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 04:13:31 pm »

Perhaps in future, instead of jumping the gun, I actually took the time to read all of a post and absorbed its content I might be less precipitate Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
Latvian
Level 5

Times thanked: 83

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 06:20:46 pm »

Thank you, Colin!

As it turns out, they are indeed one and the same, and, I'm sure, complete. The problem seems to be that when I downloaded originally from C-M-O.net, my download partially failed and the last three minutes of the work disappeared. This is something that has never happened to me before (usually, if a download fails, I lose the whole file), so I mistakenly assumed that the work was incomplete on the website.

By the way, I did get a very cordial response a little while ago from the Facebook site, saying that the concert would be reposted soon after Jurowski approved a final edit of the recording.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: