The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:57:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Juhan Aavik (1884-1982)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juhan Aavik (1884-1982)  (Read 114 times)
kyjo
« on: September 23, 2012, 06:13:48 pm »

You may notice that I'm bringing up composers that start with "Aa", because I am going in alphabetical order of composers included in that list of symphony composers I brought up earlier ;D. Anyway, Juhan Aavik was a long-lived Estonian composer whose output reached nearly 200 opus numbers, which includes two symphonies, a violin concerto (1945), a cello concerto (1949), a double bass concerto (1950), a piano trio (1957), a Requiem (1959), and chamber, choral, and vocal music besides. If anyone has anything of his to upload here, or just has more information, that would be greatly appreciated :).
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sicmu
Level 2

Times thanked: 23

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:42:06 pm »

I think you already noticed that the link I gave you for the Aav also offers a lot of music by Aavik and Aarne, didn't you ?
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:46:53 am »

Please forgive my ignorance :-[. I must have been in a hurry when looking at the website that you so kindly provided me a link to ::). Thank you for notifying me of the Aavik and Aarne pieces :).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: