The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:59:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

How many?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many?  (Read 676 times)
some guy
« on: July 07, 2009, 02:55:48 am »

Maybe since we're just starting out here, and don't know all that much about each other, yet, we could establish a base of knowledge for discussion.

In this section of the forum, it would be nice to know which living composers are known to the members, aside from Henze, that is!

I'd start, but I spend half my life hanging out with composers, and three fourths of the other half listening to their music.

I could start a thread on a favorite of mine, Ludger Brümmer, but if no one else knows who he is, then there won't be much discussion, eh? (I tried, on another forum, to get something going on Helmut Lachenmann. Zip. I tried, on yet another forum, to get something going on Roberto Gerhard. Slightly not quite zip but almost.)

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

increpatio
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 12:54:37 am »

I could start a thread on a favorite of mine, Ludger Brümmer, but if no one else knows who he is, then there won't be much discussion, eh?
maybe if you included some illustrations there might be...

Lachenmann is probably a good bet here, I'd imagine, though...
Report Spam   Logged
some guy
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 04:52:57 am »

Good to know. And as soon as I have clips (which won't be until end of August), I'll maybe start one o' them ol' Brümmer threads.

(You see from my Amy thread--from the mere fact of it--that I decided that having a base of knowledge was maybe not all that important or essential.)
Report Spam   Logged
Reiner Torheit
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 05:52:10 pm »

By which we mean personally known to board-members... or whose music is known by them?

Sadly in many cases the two groups are largely interchangeable :(

Report Spam   Logged
some guy
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 05:57:09 pm »

Whose music is known.

Though if you know a lot of composers personally, that's good, too!
Report Spam   Logged
Roehre
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 07:29:58 pm »

Whose music is known.

Though if you know a lot of composers personally, that's good, too!

Depends whether they want to hear your real opinion about (some of) their works or the politically correct one  ;D
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: