The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:49:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Another outrage.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another outrage.  (Read 303 times)
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

Times thanked: 53

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2022, 08:02:50 am »

When Baziron and I founded this forum in 2009 we intended it to be rather like the Radio 3 Forum, where many many well-behaved members participate in sensible discussions. Instead we have experienced a number of "hacks" and foul language.

Let us quickly pass over the episode of 2018, when two foolish members, who were asked to take over moderation for a short time, seized the password, changed it, and refused to give the new one to me, who am the forum founder and owner. That first outrage was overcome after four years.

Now the second outrage, which involves the topic "British Music".  Years ago - in 2016, say - the topic "British Music" in the Art-Music Forum contained at least five hundred posts. Now it contains only five posts. One member, a Mr. J. S. of Nottingham, seems somehow to be laying claim to all five hundred missing posts (because the topic was started by him). But it is certain that these missing posts were not all posted to our forum by him, and they were not his to use. He had no more authority in our forum than any one of our 250 ordinary members.

Mr. J. S. of Nottingham decided for some unrevealed reason to start a new forum of his own. That is perhaps permitted, although it is not nice of him. But what is very wrong, here is the outrage, and what he was not authorised to do by the legitimate staff at our forum, was to take hundreds and hundreds of posts for himself, delete them, and post them to his own personal forum instead.

This was an outrageous wrong. We at the Art-Music Forum are entitled to have a full explanation. We also await a remedy and a repost of all the missing items to their proper place here in the Art-Music Forum.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 02:34:50 pm »

Maris and Colin "took over" the forum because you are an egomaniac lunatic with no sense of humour and very curious obsessions indeed.

As to "stealing passwords" I would have thought that you would have acknowledged your own recent actions, when you masqueraded as "greek", nabbed the password and promptly changed it. You blatant hypocrite!

As to me explaining my removal of the British and Irish Music archive, members would realise why. I do not have to offer you any explanation, as you did not actively contribute to it. I would gladly re-instate the archive if you promised to shove it where the sun don't shine.

Nobody is remotely interested in anything that you post, least of all regarding linguistics. Zzzzzzzz....

Albion
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: