The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:37:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Musical look-a-likes!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Musical look-a-likes!  (Read 247 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2022, 01:36:18 pm »

Lookalikes!

Beethoven                                            Anton Rubinstein

"Beethoven’s b******’ he was sometimes called, due to the supposedly striking physical resemblance between Anton Rubinstein and posthumous mentor". (Jeremy Siepmann,BBC Music Magazine)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest822
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 02:39:43 pm »

Lookalikes!

Beethoven                                            Anton Rubinstein

"Beethoven’s b******’ he was sometimes called, due to the supposedly striking physical resemblance between Anton Rubinstein and posthumous mentor". (Jeremy Siepmann,BBC Music Magazine)

That would have been quite an achievment, even for Beethoven, considering he died in 1827 and Rubinstein wasn't born until 1829. I don't think they had fertlity laboratories with suitable storage facilities in those days! [Thinks: I must be careful or I will get relegated to the off-topic bin again.]
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 03:31:53 pm »

I should have added typed up the rest of what Siepmann said! ::) I must admit I was just doing a take on Private Eye's,long running,look-a-like's! There certainly is a resemblance,physically! And the hair! Unfortunately,much as I profess to enjoy some of Rubinstein's music,the resemblance ends there! (Although,one must not forget his pianistic prowess!)

"Beethoven’s bastard’ he was sometimes called, due to the supposedly striking physical resemblance between Anton Rubinstein and posthumous mentor. If true, it would have betokened the longest human pregnancy on record: Rubinstein was born two years after Beethoven’s death."

https://classicalmjourney.blogspot.com/2016/04/anton-rubinstein-piano-works-leslie.html
Report Spam   Logged
guest822
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 04:42:36 pm »

I should have added typed up the rest of what Siepmann said! ::) I must admit I was just doing a take on Private Eye's,long running,look-a-like's! There certainly is a resemblance,physically! And the hair! Unfortunately,much as I profess to enjoy some of Rubinstein's music,the resemblance ends there! (Although,one must not forget his pianistic prowess!)

"Beethoven’s bastard’ he was sometimes called, due to the supposedly striking physical resemblance between Anton Rubinstein and posthumous mentor. If true, it would have betokened the longest human pregnancy on record: Rubinstein was born two years after Beethoven’s death."

https://classicalmjourney.blogspot.com/2016/04/anton-rubinstein-piano-works-leslie.html

As might be expected, Siepmann phrased it more elegantly than I could have done! ;)
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 04:56:07 pm »

As might be expected, Siepmann phrased it more elegantly than I could have done! ;)
Actually,reading that,just now,made me laugh! ;D
Report Spam   Logged
JimL
Level 3

Times thanked: 16

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 01:08:08 pm »

He was sometimes called "Van II" during his lifetime. And his pianistic prowess was undoubtedly the motivation, as his compositions were by no means held favorably to Beethoven's standards during his lifetime, especially in Russia. But I, too, like several of them, including some of the more heavily criticized ones (e.g. 5th Piano Concerto).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: