The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:25:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Naming the composers in your post

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Naming the composers in your post  (Read 309 times)
Santo Neuenwelt
Level 2

Times thanked: 8

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2022, 05:18:37 pm »

In an earlier thread, I mentioned that just writing 'What are you listening to now' or 'Birthdays' is totally uninformative. I come here to learn about, share what I know and discuss composers. I have very limited time and am not going to click on each of these type of posts just to see what is being mentioned.

I think traffic to this website, and I assume the creators, would like to have more traffic and contributors, would increase a lot if posters titled their posts, for example, 'I am listening to Filippenko and Barvinsky now' of 'Today is the birthday of Franz Wullner and Antonio Bruni' I really think this would lead to more interesting discussions and people visiting this site.

Well, that's my opinion for what it's worth.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jonah
Level 2

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 08:41:45 pm »

I agree!   

The 'What are you currently listening to?' and 'Another Birthday!' topics seem to be mainly a cosy chat between two members, and very little develops from that.

Like you, I do not have time to wade through those posts just in case something of interest may be mentioned, so I stick to topics on specific composers/music, of which there seem to be fewer and fewer.

Despite my comments above, I have long enjoyed this forum, and think that the download archive is an invaluable resource and source of much musical enjoyment and enrichment.
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 05:26:45 pm »

yes I agree... the comments seem to be between 2 members of this forum.. and the "funny" pictures (at least they think so)  really turns me off and I don't get anything of value from it.   We need to stop posting so called "funny" pictures and get back to the purpose of this forum.
Report Spam   Logged
Amphissa
Level 2

Times thanked: 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 03:27:12 am »

I have zero problem with a couple of our preeminent contributors adding to the contributions here at AMF. They are knowledgeable, articulate, and have a LOT of content to contribute, which enriches us all.

But upon return after a long absence, I too find it tedious going and I do hope that someone might create an additional thread that might easier to navigate and be more useful to newbies. I'm not sure what that might look like and I'm certainly not the one to do it.

Amphissa

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: