The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:47:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The name of this website

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The name of this website  (Read 319 times)
guest224
« on: January 20, 2022, 10:13:32 pm »

Should we rename this forum "The Another birthday, What are you currently listening to" Forum? (With all due respect to the members who DO post there!)

Come on fellow music lovers, let's get some posts going.  (Maybe this post might generate a few...!)

Some might criticise other forums but there is constant exchange there.  Posting up here is met with silence...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 01:58:22 am »

Should we rename this forum "The Another birthday, What are you currently listening to" Forum? (With all due respect to the members who DO post there!)

Come on fellow music lovers, let's get some posts going.  (Maybe this post might generate a few...!)

Some might criticise other forums but there is constant exchange there.  Posting up here is met with silence...

Couldn't agree more.

::)
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
Santo Neuenwelt
Level 2

Times thanked: 8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 06:28:27 pm »

Just my opinion, but we might get more interest and response if instead of 'What are you listening to now' or 'another birthday' actual composers names were used in the title of the post. For example 'It's Rheinberger's birthday, how about his string quartets?" or 'I am listening to Klebanov's Piano Trio No.2--Was No.1 recorded?'  These kind of posts might generate more interest...

To tell the truth, I come regularly but I do not have the time to click on posts whose content I cannot determine from the title...

Name change maybe, not crucial though. Are more people here interested in art or in music because in the name art comes before music in the websites name. Anyway though, as far as finding the site, let's say someone wants to know about, for example, Anton Wranitzky and there are posts and discussions here, that will show up on Google search. So lets have more posts with content in the title.
Report Spam   Logged
Amphissa
Level 2

Times thanked: 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 03:43:03 am »

I don't really know what "art music" is. But if we were to change the name to include the word "classical" would it simply attract a few more people who love classical music? Or would it just attract a lot of elderly men wanting to sell their old LPs?

I kinda tend towards a name that uses the words "classical" music rather than "art music" just because most everyone knows what falls into the category of classical music, maybe kinda, but I'm pretty sure only, like, 3 people in the entire world would know what "art music" is. Hell, I've been listening to classical music for 40+ years and I have no clue what "art music" is.

Hey, just my 2 pesos worth.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: