The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:58:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Tikhon Khrennikov Trio for Flute, Oboe and Piano

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tikhon Khrennikov Trio for Flute, Oboe and Piano  (Read 278 times)
guest264
« on: December 26, 2021, 10:40:03 am »

I can't find out any information about date of composition. Anyone know?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 11:43:42 am »

I can't find out any information about date of composition. Anyone know?

It doesn't seem to be listed on the official website -https://khrennikov.ru/sochineniya

???
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
Holger
Level 3

Times thanked: 25

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 08:07:15 am »

Now finally having given the piece a try, I realize that this is a transcription of Khrennikov's Three Pieces for Violin and Piano (or Orchestra) Op. 26 from 1978. The transcription may or may not have been done by the composer himself, but in any case it's not a completely new work.
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 12:59:20 pm »

Now finally having given the piece a try, I realize that this is a transcription of Khrennikov's Three Pieces for Violin and Piano (or Orchestra) Op. 26 from 1978. The transcription may or may not have been done by the composer himself, but in any case it's not a completely new work.

Many thanks for this clarification. Adaptations, deletions, re-numberings and re-scorings litter many composer's catalogues, as I found with Holbrooke!

::)
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
Holger
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 04:02:06 pm »

Many thanks for this clarification. Adaptations, deletions, re-numberings and re-scorings litter many composer's catalogues, as I found with Holbrooke!

Having just bought the CPO disc with Holbrooke's Clarinet Quintet (and having read the liner notes to understand how all the pieces on the disc are actually related to each other), I do know what you are talking about!
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 10:10:22 pm »

Having just bought the CPO disc with Holbrooke's Clarinet Quintet (and having read the liner notes to understand how all the pieces on the disc are actually related to each other), I do know what you are talking about!

This took me months to sort:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compositions_by_Joseph_Holbrooke

Report Spam   Logged

Holger
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 03:22:55 pm »

Thanks for the good work! I can tell you that I frequently come back to this list whenever I come across music by Holbrooke!
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2022, 04:30:44 pm »

That cd is one of my favourite Holbrooke  cd's. Lovely,lyrical music with a haunting,otherworldly atmosphere,splendidly performed and recorded that brings to mind old celtic legends ,the Welsh fair family,Edgar Allan Poe and other such imagery (At least it does for me!).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: