The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:26:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Ethel Smyth's 'The Wreckers' at Glyndebourne 2022

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethel Smyth's 'The Wreckers' at Glyndebourne 2022  (Read 676 times)
guest822
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2021, 07:07:01 pm »

In the meantime, this should keep us going...

Written by Dame Ethel Smyth, English composer and leader in the women’s suffrage movement, The Wreckers was first performed in Germany in 1906 and was mounted in the composer’s homeland in 1909. This powerful three-act opera about piracy, love, and betrayal in a community of religious fanatics received its U.S. premiere in 2015 at Bard SummerScape in a penetrating production directed by Thaddeus Strassberger, with the American Symphony Orchestra under the baton of Maestro Leon Botstein.

:)

Thank you very much. Just the sort of thing I'll need to restore my equilibrium once I'm back from the dentist's tomorrow!
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2021, 07:57:08 pm »

Written by Dame Ethel Smyth, English composer and leader in the women’s suffrage movement, The Wreckers was first performed in Germany in 1906 and was mounted in the composer’s homeland in 1909. This powerful three-act opera about piracy, love, and betrayal in a community of religious fanatics received its U.S. premiere in 2015 at Bard SummerScape in a penetrating production directed by Thaddeus Strassberger, with the American Symphony Orchestra under the baton of Maestro Leon Botstein.

Thank you very much. Just the sort of thing I'll need to restore my equilibrium once I'm back from the dentist's tomorrow!

Bless ya, good luck with the tooth-fairy. There's an MP3 of the Bard School rendition now in BIMA amplified to the point of audibility! It benefits from a staged performance...

;)
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
guest822
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2021, 09:20:58 pm »

Bless ya, good luck with the tooth-fairy. There's an MP3 of the Bard School rendition now in BIMA amplified to the point of audibility! It benefits from a staged performance...

;)

Thanks again. Just a check-up, hopefully. :-\
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2021, 09:33:48 pm »

Hey, who needs teeth anyway?

:D
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
guest822
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2021, 10:05:50 pm »

Hey, who needs teeth anyway?

:D

;D
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: