The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:40:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Holst Perfect Fool Opera

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holst Perfect Fool Opera  (Read 833 times)
patmos.beje
Level 4

Times thanked: 18

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2021, 01:33:56 am »

If people on this forum acquired the Handley version of The Perfect Fool from the British and Irish music catalogue of Albion, then you have a gentleman somewhere, I think, in the south of England to thank.

Due to posting on another forum, in November 2006, about a French radio broadcast of Marseilles Opera's production of Menotti's Maria Golovin I had acquired in CD format, I ended up in correspondence with an American gentleman and exchanging recordings of rare Menotti operas.  In early 2007 this gentleman introduced me to a wonderful forum where one could download radio broadcast recordings of Operas.  It also included radio broadcasts of some non-operatic music. I had not encountered anything like this.  One day I was indulging myself in fantasising about acquiring recordings of all the Pizzetti operas I would like to hear, the next day after being introduced to the forum, I had recordings of all Pizzetti's operas (10 in total) ever recorded! It was a wonderful forum :) :D ;D

On one occasion when searching through the forum I discovered that a broadcast of a recording of The Perfect Fool had been uploaded but, unfortunately, it was no longer available.  I wrote a private message to the uploader and the gentleman very kindly re-uploaded the recording for me.

Years later, 2011 or 2012 I think, on the UC forum I saw that Albion had a list of wanted recordings including The Perfect Fool. I wrote a private message to Albion informing him I had a recording of the opera and asking him for information on how to upload it. This was the Handley recording now on Albion's wonderful British and Irish music catalogue.

Unfortunately, the forum I was part of required members to upload recordings at regular intervals.  I failed to do so and was removed without notice in 2011  >:( :( ::) :'(.  I think my last benefits were acquiring a superb German radio broadcast of a centenary performance of Mascagni's Isabeau from Braunschweig in 2011 and different British and Australian radio broadcasts of Arthur Benjamin's Violin Concerto which I had long hoped to hear (prior to the Dutton CD).

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: