The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:48:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Luis Humberto Salgado (1903-1977)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luis Humberto Salgado (1903-1977)  (Read 122 times)
kyjo
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:21:27 am »

This Ecuadorian (one of the only composers of this nationality I have heard of) composer I came across while browsing on Wikipedia is quite a real find! He composed 9 symphonies, 4 operas (two of which are "Cumanda" (1940. rev. 1954) and "Eunice" (1956-57)), 3 ballets (two of which are "El amano" (1947)and "El Dios tumbal" (1952)), seven concertos, symphonic suites (including "Atahualpa" (1933) and "Suite coreografica" (1946)), sonatas, and vocal and chamber music. He composed often in a nationalist style but was not afraid (especially in his later years) to make use of atonality and dodecaphony. You can find a few of his pieces on YouTube, like the Concierto Ecuatoriano for guitar and orchestra. If anyone has any of his music to upload or just has more information on him, I would be greatly pleased :).
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Toby Esterhase
Level 7

Times thanked: 117

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 11:01:39 pm »

This Ecuadorian (one of the only composers of this nationality I have heard of) composer I came across while browsing on Wikipedia is quite a real find! He composed 9 symphonies, 4 operas (two of which are "Cumanda" (1940. rev. 1954) and "Eunice" (1956-57)), 3 ballets (two of which are "El amano" (1947)and "El Dios tumbal" (1952)), seven concertos, symphonic suites (including "Atahualpa" (1933) and "Suite coreografica" (1946)), sonatas, and vocal and chamber music. He composed often in a nationalist style but was not afraid (especially in his later years) to make use of atonality and dodecaphony. You can find a few of his pieces on YouTube, like the Concierto Ecuatoriano for guitar and orchestar. If anyone has any of his music to upload or just has more information on him, I would be greatly pleased :).

IMHO Youtube was taken here:

http://iloapp.julio-bueno.com/blog/musicaecuatoriana?Home&post=4pieces

other link on him:
http://etd.ohiolink.edu/view.cgi?acc_num=osu1343738160

more

http://www.geocities.jp/latinamericapiano/e_salgado/e_salgadointro.html
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 11:10:50 pm »

Thank you very much for the links, Toby :)!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: