The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:55:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hello Again!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Again!  (Read 2016 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« on: March 21, 2021, 02:29:08 am »

It is quite difficult to begin the process of very tentatively and with considerable diffidence attempting to inch back into this forum.

My last post was on my birthday in 2019. In my usual prolix fashion I responded in a combination of anger and frustration to a post by a member, a post I found personally troubling. That led me to a period of reflection which in turn led to a pause which became a prolonged and self-imposed absence. I had intended a much earlier return but unfortunately began to suffer from some personal issues which made that increasingly difficult. Amongst these were problems with my hearing which, although unresolved, are problems I have learned to live with. Indeed, in the great scheme of things, hearing issues really do pall into insignificance compared to the extraordinary difficulties so many have faced through the last year of pandemic.

I did seriously swither about writing any of this and indeed was advised by Albion (John) to simply start posting again as if nothing was more natural than such a "disappearance". It did seem however to be important to my own sense of self-respect to offer some explanation and my profound apologies for my extended absence from a forum which meant so much to me.

I return as a very junior member and will make whatever contributions I can to topics of interest to me as appropriate. It will take me some time to look through the forum and acquaint myself with these topics. In the meantime my profound gratitude to all members and the administrators of the forum.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jimmatt
Level 2

Times thanked: 8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 04:21:36 am »

Most happy welcome back, sorry you have had the rough spot and hope you stay well from now on. I learned a lot from you and have missed you, while hoping you would be OK. I look forward to your comments very much. Thanks for coming back.
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 04:22:01 am »

A big welcome back, Colin! Great to have you here again at AMF...

;D
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
guest377
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 07:17:58 am »

welcome back!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 08:18:33 am »

It is such an understatement to say we are happy that you are back! 
Your wit, wisdom and knowledge were sorely missed!
Report Spam   Logged
Balapoel
Level 2

Times thanked: 24

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 09:53:20 am »

Welcome back!
Report Spam   Logged
guest822
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 10:55:16 am »

Welcome back, Colin, it's great to see you here again. I am a 'newbie' myself but, like jimmatt, I learned a lot from you (albeit on 'another forum', in my case). I very much look forward to reading your posts.   
Report Spam   Logged
JimL
Level 3

Times thanked: 16

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 12:58:43 pm »

Welcome back! Your absence, especially in these times had me, personally, greatly concerned.
Report Spam   Logged
guest145
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2021, 01:19:27 pm »

A very warm welcome back, Colin! It's great to have you with us again!
Report Spam   Logged
jonah
Level 2

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2021, 09:31:44 pm »

Really pleased to have you back in action, and looking forward to continuation of your valuable input - you have been missed!
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2021, 11:34:43 pm »

My most sincere and heartfelt thanks to those members who have been kind enough to write in such warm terms. I do so much appreciate your kindness!
Report Spam   Logged
djarvie
Level 2

Times thanked: 7

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 12:20:34 pm »

Great to have you back Colin, but you are by no means "a very junior member" - you return with all the expertise and musical knowledge that you always had, and your posts will help to revive a forum that had until recently been flagging somewhat.  By the way, what do you think of the "new look"?
Report Spam   Logged
guest822
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2021, 12:24:40 pm »

Great to have you back Colin, but you are by no means "a very junior member" - you return with all the expertise and musical knowledge that you always had, and your posts will help to revive a forum that had until recently been flagging somewhat.

Very well put indeed, if I may say so!  ;D
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2021, 12:58:32 pm »

Great to have you back Colin, but you are by no means "a very junior member" - you return with all the expertise and musical knowledge that you always had, and your posts will help to revive a forum that had until recently been flagging somewhat.

Indeed!

By the way, what do you think of the "new look"?

Hopefully, the "new look" makes this forum distinctive from others...

;)
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
guest822
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 01:04:10 pm »

Hopefully, the "new look" makes this forum distinctive from others...

;)

Yes, it does (amongst other things...  ;) )
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: