The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:19:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Welcome to AMF

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to AMF  (Read 1097 times)
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2021, 12:02:21 am »

If the forum's not here tomorrow,you'll know what's happened (belching!! :o ;D)!!

It'll still be here...

;)
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
guest822
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2021, 12:03:16 am »

If the forum's not here tomorrow,you'll know what's happened (belching!! :o ;D)!!

;D

Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2021, 12:06:27 am »

Mmmmmmmmmm.........

:D
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2021, 12:19:19 am »

Mmmmmmmmmm.........

:D
;D
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2021, 11:58:36 am »

What exactly does "264 members in total online mean"?  Does it indicate anything about about how many discrete individual members viewed the forum over the period covered, or could it mean one member (or say three) was/were here a total of 264 times? Did one member (or a few) create all 45 new topics, and account for virtually all of the 734 new posts? It's the range of participation that would be meaningful in determining the status of AMF's fortunes, not mere aggregate numbers.

I find the changes unattractive and disorienting as well.  I'll be accused of being negative, but nothing seems to really have been thought through.  I can see starting from scratch, and Albion (and Latvian) creating a new Forum reflecting their own designs and values, but just hacking away at what was a unified schema (however prolix) familiar to the established membership doesn't make me optimistic that group will be returning in any great numbers.

So do we just let bygones be bygones in regards to Colin's ignominious abandonment of the forum and his responsibilities to it? One recalls the quite overweening moralistic abuse he directed towards Sydney Grew during the previous chaotic Administrative transition here for essentially the same offense he subsequently executed himself.

I actually liked the previous colors and layout of the AMF forum....just my 2 cents.... is this a brown color or gold???  reminds me of by sons sic diapers...????

My goodness me some people do grouch and snipe! Albion thank you SO much for all the initiative - and time - you have taken to change, improve and revitalise AMF. It definitely needed it, and it certainly has brought about an increase in participation which is heartily to be welcomed. The "established membership" (whatever that is - maybe they were paying subscribers?) was almost totally mute.   I do hope that whatever is irking some will soon pass, much like the matter they are implicitly alluding to.
Report Spam   Logged
guest822
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2021, 12:18:41 pm »

You rotten lot! Here I am on my post-Christmas no-carb diet and you put this in front of me

:'( :'( :'(
Report Spam   Logged
guest822
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2021, 12:22:29 pm »

My goodness me some people do grouch and snipe! Albion thank you SO much for all the initiative - and time - you have taken to change, improve and revitalise AMF. It definitely needed it, and it certainly has brought about an increase in participation which is heartily to be welcomed. The established membership (whatever that is - maybe they were paying subscribers?) was almost totally mute.   I do hope that whatever is irking some will soon pass, much like the matter they are implicitly alluding to.

I couldn't agree more. And I am totally unanimous in that!

Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2021, 12:31:24 pm »

Indeed! I'm obviously addicted to Butterscotch (or,Burnt Sienna?). It also reminds me of those sweets. Werther's Originals! (Other sweets are available! Dentist's ,not so available,unfortunately! :() I'm like the elderly man in their ad,now!! :( ;D
Report Spam   Logged
guest822
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2021, 02:20:00 pm »

Indeed! I'm obviously addicted to Butterscotch (or,Burnt Sienna?). It also reminds me of those sweets. Werther's Originals! (Other sweets are available! Dentist's ,not so available,unfortunately! :() I'm like the elderly man in their ad,now!! :( ;D

Funny you should say that. I have a pack of Werther's Originals in my hand right now - the sugar free version, of course. I'm going to pop one in.

;D
Report Spam   Logged
guest128
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2021, 07:57:13 pm »

OK, - apologies for my ill temper.
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2021, 08:23:47 pm »

And I am totally unanimous in that!

Just don't mention your pussy...

Mary Elizabeth Jennifer Rachel Abergavenny Slocombe (née Yiddell), known as Betty.

;D ;D ;D
Report Spam   Logged

guest822
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2021, 09:56:33 pm »

Just don't mention your pussy...

Mary Elizabeth Jennifer Rachel Abergavenny Slocombe (née Yiddell), known as Betty.

;D ;D ;D

Ah, yes. There will never be another.

:'(
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: