The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:12:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Changes to the forum layout

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes to the forum layout  (Read 317 times)
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

Times thanked: 53

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2021, 06:34:50 pm »

After studying the Admin tools, I've started to make changes in the forum layout, as suggested and requested by members recently.

Initially, what I've done is to collapse the topics in two non-musical board categories to minimize the content of the home screen. All the topics are still there, and still accessible and open to new posts. They're just not cluttering up the home screen.

I also deleted one topic -- World-wide wireless broadcasts. All I found here were dead links to unidentified performances gleaned from broadcasts, all having been posted by one individual several years ago.

My first priority is to make the forum home page less cluttered and confusing, which as I recall was the initial impetus for changes. I'll continue looking at possible modifications and reviewing member suggestions for structure, topics, etc. I'm also going to see about archiving some topics that are very far removed from music (e.g., Politics) and which are better addressed on other forums, should members feel the need.

So, this will be an evolutionary process rather than an abrupt revision. Let me know your thoughts.

Maris (as Administrator)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Admin
Administrator
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 10:07:55 pm »

Okay, I've found and fixed the setting that was not allowing anyone to respond to my previous post. I've received several comments regarding the changes, so if anyone has further thoughts please feel free to share them here now. We need to make this forum optimally useful for all of us!

Maris (as Administrator)
Report Spam   Logged
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 09:59:20 am »

I have migrated the relevant posts originally in "Discussion of obscure composers" into "Individual composers" so that they are all now together rather than being split across different boards.

A composer is only "obscure" until he or she is more widely discussed.

Albion (John)

:)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: