The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:27:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

In search of Keilberth's missing Braunfels recording (op. 36), a call for help

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In search of Keilberth's missing Braunfels recording (op. 36), a call for help  (Read 113 times)
Rainolf
Level 2

Times thanked: 7

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2020, 07:21:23 pm »

On this day, 138 years ago, Walter Braunfels was born. So this is maybe a good opportunity to ask you for help considering a special recording of his Prelude and Fugue for orchestra op. 36.

The label Aldilà Records plans to release an edition with recordings of Joseph Keilberth which show this famous conductor as an advocate of music by his contemporaries. It will contain works by Heinrich Kaminski, Paul Hindemith, Reinhard Schwarz-Schilling and Karl Höller. Also it was planned to include Keilberth's recording of Braunfels's Prelude and Fugue. That Keilberth made a radio recording of this work for the WDR is documented, but unfortunately the tape of this could not be found yet.

So I want to ask you, if someone of you possesses a copy of Keilberth's recording, which could be used as source for Aldilà's publication. 

Our user Holger, to whom I am very grateful, has found an old recording of Braunfels's op. 36, but unfortunately his source could not provide him with any information about the conductor or orchestra, only that it was recorded by West German radio could be granted for sure.

You will find it posted in the Downloads section, Thread "German music" (reply #69).

Christoph Schlüren, founder of Aldilà Records, told me that, except Keilberth's, there were at least two other radio recordings of Prelude and Fugue made during the 1950s, one conducted by Günter Wand, the other conducted by Otto Matzerath.

So my other question is: Can somebody identify this recording, and say if it is Keilberth's or not?

Grateful for every help,

Rainolf
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: