The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:39:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Nikoloz Gudiashvili - Sonatina No.1 for piano

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nikoloz Gudiashvili - Sonatina No.1 for piano  (Read 827 times)
guest377
« on: June 01, 2020, 05:50:12 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQPWTO39Dfk&feature=em-uploademail

Eter Gulisashvili - Piano
Nikoloz Gudiashvili (1913 – 1998)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest224
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 05:02:26 pm »

His fifth piano concerto can be found throughout youtube, it's a concerto popular amongst children in russia and ex soviet countries.

Perhaps you could provide some youtube/other links to back up this statement.  A quick search of youtube under "Gudiashvili" reveals a sonatina, prelude, quartet, quintet, love song.... no piano concerto though.  Same when I searched for გუდიაშვილი and Гудиашвили - his name in Georgian and Russian respectively.

Sorry to speak bluntly, but you have a frequent tendency to make statements like these which then do not stand up to scrutiny and can only be assumed to be false.  Is this deliberate?  See your many postings on Zolotarev by way of example - which include concrete statements that you have seen or even possess actual recordings but which you then seem unable to substantiate.  And you wanted to be a moderator...
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 05:42:45 pm »

Please refer to the youtube listing  by  fyrexianoff.    That was just a repost from  fyrexianoff.    If you have questions, please direct them to  fyrexianoff. 

To access the Youtube channel, just click the Youtube label and it will link to
 fyrexianoff  Youtube page.
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 08:23:14 pm »

His Youtube channel is here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmYq0b8VKp61qD8EWE5K-wg

I know nothing about this composer  just reposted whatever was on the original Youtube post.    Please send any questions to the original Youtube poster.   
Report Spam   Logged
JGregory
Level 1

Times thanked: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 10:21:04 pm »

His fifth piano concerto can be found throughout youtube

Not by me, it can't. Could you please post a link?
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 11:33:13 pm »

I will inquire from the original poster... or if you are interested, then go ahead and post a question on his Youtube channel.
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 12:15:38 pm »

It's not a good idea to re-post other material without either checking if it is accurate, or giving the source of the information. As a would-be moderator, surely you appreciate that.  Do your frequent postings about Zolotarev also come from fyrexianoff/other unchecked sources?  Perhaps you could provide a link to the post by fyrexianoff where he discusses Gudiashvili?
Report Spam   Logged
guest264
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 05:58:09 pm »

I just posted a piano concerto by Gudiashvili in the downloads section. I can't find any other info about it.
Any idea of composition date? Which number?

Robert
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 11:40:07 pm »

I just posted a piano concerto by Gudiashvili in the downloads section. I can't find any other info about it.
Any idea of composition date? Which number?

Robert

Thank you very much for this!
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 02:45:05 am »

......As a would-be moderator  .....

Christopher,  I am not a would be moderator and not presently a moderator and have no desire to be a moderator.
Report Spam   Logged
pianoconcerto
Level 1

Times thanked: 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 07:39:43 am »

Gudiashvili's pc5 (1980), third movement only, was on youtube previously, but perhaps has been deleted.  It was played by Ilaria Shevchuk-Shnaider with an unidentified orchestra.  I have a copy of the 2-piano score, so I'm sure this work exists and that the recording is of the third movement.

I'm not sure which of Gudiashvili's four earlier piano concertos was posted by rkhenderson.  Those date from 1941, 1946, 1948, and 1961.  I might note that the pianist's name is Eter Gulisashvili and that Robert's dates for the composer are off by a year (should be 1913-98).  This recording also is listed for sale on the "Best Georgian Music" website.
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 10:30:42 am »

......As a would-be moderator  .....

Christopher,  I am not a would be moderator and not presently a moderator and have no desire to be a moderator.

Thank you for your post

The situation is that Maris(Latvian), David Hibbard (dhibbard) and I will act as co\moderators. Anyone else who might wish to help would be welcome

In the case of spam posting there MAY have already been a case of this and I think it only fair that a decision may have to be taken quickly and, if necessary, unilaterally to remove such a post within (say) 24 hours. I would welcome any comment

Colin's message in the thread "The FUTURE of this FORUM" of 18th March 2018 was incorrect?
http://artmusic.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,6421.msg32145.html#msg32145
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2020, 01:28:28 pm »

Yes  I am not a moderator or would be moderator.
Report Spam   Logged
pianoconcerto
Level 1

Times thanked: 2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2020, 05:26:46 pm »

The Gudiashvili pc5, third movement only, IS still on youtube at .
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2020, 10:55:18 pm »

well there you go.... thanks
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: