The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:59:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Swedish Music

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish Music  (Read 9248 times)
britishcomposer
Level 3

Times thanked: 36

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 12:10:27 am »

I have just uploaded a couple of works by Allan Pettersson.
During the 1994/95 concert season the Westdeutsche Rundfunk (WDR) organized a series of Pettersson performances in several cities of North Rhine-Westphalia. The intention was to make Pettersson's music more popular in Germany. Many concerts were broadcast live or at a later time. The technical quality is not the best; some orchestras were from small cities and you can hear that they had to struggle hard at times.
I live near Osnabrück which doesn't belong to North Rhine-Westphalia but was included due to the commitment of our then chief conductor Jean-Francois Monnard. He was a great Pettersson conductor and programmed Symphonies Nos. 5, 7 and 8 during his tenure. I guess few of you can claim to have attended live performances of THREE Pettersson symphonies! Unfortunately Monnard's No. 5 hasn't been recorded for broadcast.

An apology: Symphony No. 9 has a small gap at about 46:38 min when I had to turn the cassette.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: