The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:14:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hyperion Romantic Piano Concertos series - next issue Rubbra and Bliss

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyperion Romantic Piano Concertos series - next issue Rubbra and Bliss  (Read 2030 times)
guest377
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2020, 09:38:06 pm »

Well, I had to get this, despite having "stopped buying CDs". How wonderful it is! The Rubbra concerto has long been a favourite work, despite my acquaintance with it having been solely from the scratchy old LP (with that wonderful glassy cover art). Having a modern stereo recording is great. What an unsung masterpiece it is! Mind you, I have to ration my listening to Rubbra's music - I find it emotionally exhausting.

It is also a very fine recording of the Bliss - I had forgotten what a good piece this is. Would go down so well in the concert hall. Interesting to read that Solomon (who gave the premiere) was quite nervous as to his ability to bring it off.

Yes  I just got my copy in the mail last week...and been playing it over the last week...  Bliss is wonderful.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: