The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:50:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hyperion Romantic Piano Concertos series - next issue Rubbra and Bliss

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyperion Romantic Piano Concertos series - next issue Rubbra and Bliss  (Read 2034 times)
guest377
« on: March 25, 2020, 01:33:53 am »

Announced as ‘ Coming soon’ on Hyperion’s website - the Piano Concertos by Rubbra and Bliss, played by Piers Lane.
The two existing recordings of the Rubbra, a much underrated work, by Denis Matthews and Malcolm  Binns, are elderly and in mono, so a new recording is much to be welcomed.
As for the Bliss, a modern recording is a bonus.

Having being an avid collector of the Hyperion RPC series until the early volumes in the 20s and then been very choosey, I will consider this release. Whilst I have a recording of the Rubbra, I haven't listened to it for years and don't recall a note. The Cello Concerto and, especially, the Violin Concerto of Bliss, to my mind, are much more interesting than the Piano Concerto.

Glad to see that....  Since I have all 80 CDs in the series.. I look forward to #81.  Number 80 with Dupont/Benoit was wonderful ..
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: