The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:40:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Swedish Music

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish Music  (Read 9246 times)
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2014, 08:19:08 pm »

Re: Britta Bystrom - Viola Concerto.

No, Mr. Clive, it's not you. After your message I tried to listen to the file on Mediafire. Result: beautiful silence.
I deleted the mp3 file and am now uploading the .wav file in stead.

55% is uploaded so far, so in a about 8 minutes the file will be downloadable from Mediafire. (In original post).
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2014, 07:49:09 pm »

Got it now, thanks, Mr. R. ! Much appreciated, as always.
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2014, 10:01:05 pm »

Re: Britta Bystrom - Viola Concerto.

No, Mr. Clive, it's not you. After your message I tried to listen to the file on Mediafire. Result: beautiful silence.
I deleted the mp3 file and am now uploading the .wav file in stead.

55% is uploaded so far, so in a about 8 minutes the file will be downloadable from Mediafire. (In original post).

Regarding Bystrom, I have never been able embrace much of her music and I have listened to much
of it on Swedish radio, who seem to be pushing her product to the neglect of more important others. In my feeble brain, there
is just something about it, it sounds almost "manufactured". But I can see where some might like it..
Am I missing something here? Any feedback would be welcome..
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2014, 10:26:05 am »

To be honest, I listened to Bystrom's Violakonsert only two times. It intrigued me how she managed to create a concerto after a pretty strange start of the work. Now listening to it, I must say I can see what Jolly Roger feels about being 'manufactured'. So far it didn't irritate me. Her other works gave me mixed feelings so far.

I wonder what you think about another Swedish lady composer, who I discovered recently: Andrea Tapponi
She was born in 1981.

On her website are a few works you can download, and be able to listen to parts of other works

www.andreatarrodi.com

Her work for orchestra 'Liguria' impressed me. Another interesting work for me is 'Empireo'
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2014, 11:03:44 am »

To be honest, I listened to Bystrom's Violakonsert only two times. It intrigued me how she managed to create a concerto after a pretty strange start of the work. Now listening to it, I must say I can see what Jolly Roger feels about being 'manufactured'. So far it didn't irritate me. Her other works gave me mixed feelings so far.

I wonder what you think about another Swedish lady composer, who I discovered recently: Andrea Tapponi
She was born in 1981.

On her website are a few works you can download, and be able to listen to parts of other works

www.andreatarrodi.com

Her work for orchestra 'Liguria' impressed me. Another interesting work for me is 'Empireo'
Not to be patronizing, Sweden and Scandinavia have some fine woman composers, thanks for the tip om Tapponi, I'll check it out
Report Spam   Logged
britishcomposer
Level 3

Times thanked: 36

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2014, 03:39:36 pm »

She was born in 1981.

www.andreatarrodi.com

Not to be patronizing, Sweden and Scandinavia have some fine woman composers, thanks for the tip om Tapponi, I'll check it out

Not to be patronizing, but her name is spelled Tarrodi as the link shows. ;)
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2014, 04:19:36 pm »

She was born in 1981.

www.andreatarrodi.com

Interesting link, thanks, Mr R. !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
Elroel
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2014, 12:12:25 am »

Not to be patronizing, but her name is spelled Tarrodi as the link shows

Well it is not. It is just a necessary correction of my stupid mistake: of course it is Tarrodi
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2014, 09:26:59 am »

Not to be patronizing, but her name is spelled Tarrodi as the link shows

Well it is not. It is just a necessary correction of my stupid mistake: of course it is Tarrodi

This composer was totally unknown to me. I no I shood haf done spelt it rite, especially since I assume Andrea is femail and we all needs to moore "gender sensitive" deese dayz. I may have been thinkin Taboolie.
But the link worked fine, I sampled Tarrodi's music and Andrea Tarrodi is a name to remember.
She is indeed a talent, esp in orchestration..I heard echoes of John Adams in Liguria, but
Tarrodi's melodies are much less abstract. I hope Swedish radio provides much more of Andrea Tarrodi's music
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2014, 09:35:03 am »

;D
Report Spam   Logged
guest128
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2014, 05:50:49 am »

Finally listened to Pergament's "Jewish Poem".  Wow, - what an inspired and affecting piece, with an especially uplifting and beneficient concluding movement, though I've no idea what the text is, or is even about.  Surprised no one seems to have commented on this superlative work.  An exceptional performance also, with wonderful soloists (notably the soprano).  Attention never flagged or even wavered over 75', and again, the final 10 or 12 minutes are truly sublime. Sincere thanks to Sicmu/Alex for providing it.
Report Spam   Logged
Gauk
Level 7

Times thanked: 58

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2014, 08:05:02 am »

This composer was totally unknown to me. I no I shood haf done spelt it rite, especially since I assume Andrea is femail and we all needs to moore "gender sensitive" deese dayz. I may have been thinkin Taboolie.

Mistake - it's the Italian equivalent of Andrew. I remember a meeting where a speaker referred to an Italian friend of mine called Andrea as "she", whereupon he stood up (he was in the audience), jabbed his finger at his chin, and called out, "I have a beard!".
Report Spam   Logged
ttle
Level 3

Times thanked: 10

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2014, 05:11:27 pm »

Mistake - it's the Italian equivalent of Andrew. I remember a meeting where a speaker referred to an Italian friend of mine called Andrea as "she", whereupon he stood up (he was in the audience), jabbed his finger at his chin, and called out, "I have a beard!".
If it was confusing others, I would have changed my first name to remove all doubts..but I am not famous..
It is always unwise to add a pinch of salt to an already tasty dish, but let me try it all the same.
Italians have a point here. After all, Andrew, Andrea, André, Andris and all this kind of names probably come from "andros", ancient Greek word for man (as opposed to woman, while "anthropos" is the human being in general).
However, the safest is to remember that there are some national variants here. So, as a rule:
Andrea from Italy is a man,
Andrea from Hungary is a woman,
Andreea from Romania is a woamn (mind the double "e"),
André from France is a man, and Andrée a woman,
Elfrida Andree from Sweden was a woman, but then, Andree was her surname  ;D
Report Spam   Logged
Holger
Level 3

Times thanked: 25

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2014, 05:54:02 pm »

If it was confusing others, I would have changed my first name to remove all doubts..but I am not famous..
It is always unwise to add a pinch of salt to an already tasty dish, but let me try it all the same.
Italians have a point here. After all, Andrew, Andrea, André, Andris and all this kind of names probably come from "andros", ancient Greek word for man (as opposed to woman, while "anthropos" is the human being in general).
However, the safest is to remember that there are some national variants here. So, as a rule:
Andrea from Italy is a man,
Andrea from Hungary is a woman,
Andreea from Romania is a woamn (mind the double "e"),
André from France is a man, and Andrée a woman,
Elfrida Andree from Sweden was a woman, but then, Andree was her surname  ;D

As a German, let me also add the variants used here: in Germany, Andrea is a woman, and the corresponding male name is Andreas.
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2014, 04:23:38 pm »

just beefed up the Swedish composers section.....
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: