The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:27:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Swedish Music

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish Music  (Read 9300 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2014, 02:59:25 am »

Once again (how many times does one say it ???)......many, many thanks for two more Swedish symphonies-the Lundqvust Nos. 2 and 4 :) :)
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2014, 07:26:04 am »

This may be of interest to some members who like Hans Eklund's music.
https://app.audiogon.com/listings/classical-caprice-crusell-sinfonia-concertante-atterberg-horn-concerto-hans-eklund-horn-conc-2014-01-13-music-33971
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2014, 11:15:42 am »

I have been posting links to some live concerts from Swedish radio for some time and some of them have been that of
Hans Eklund. Not sure how many have been passed on to these archives, but I have some concerts as well as some other modern Swedes like Moses Pergament and others if anyone has an interest in uploading them. Please check the broacasts at that topic for non-commercial postings.

I also have this which originally came from Karl Miller's collection although there was a question regarding the existence of a Eklund piano concerto.

Eklund,Hans - Piano Concerto
Rune Jansson(piano) SWD Orchestra,Sten Frykberg
from the colection of Karl Miller

I have Eklund 1 from Swedish radio recorded live but lack documentation and knowledge of commercial availability.

Unlke the other pieces I have, it lacks audience applause at the end, but I know many would like to hear it. If someone could
confirm the non-commercial status I would gladly pass it on.

Eklund,Hans - Symphony No.1  Sinfonia Seria(1958)
Stockholm PO,Thomas Schuback

Eklund,Hans - Musica da camera, Art Tatum in memoriam (1956).
Göran Åkestedt, trumpet, Leif Asp, piano och Anders Soldén, slagverk.
Radioorkestern. Dirigent Sten Frykberg. Inspelat 1958
Swedish Radio P2 broadcast
httpsverigesradio.sesidaavsni tt268439programid=4428

Eklund,Hans (1927-99) - Symphony No.3 Sinfonia Rustica (1967-68)
Sveriges Radios Symfoniorkester,Stig Westerberg, cond. (rec. 1969)
(a much higher quakity than what has been posted)

Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2014, 11:21:26 am »

Thanks to Sicmu for posting Pergament's "Den judiska Sången".

The work, possibly the top of Pergament's compositions, stood on my wishlist for a long time.

Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2014, 05:16:21 pm »

Thanks to Sicmu for posting Pergament's "Den judiska Sången".

The work, possibly the top of Pergament's compositions, stood on my wishlist for a long time.

Yes, much appreciated, thanks !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2014, 08:48:13 am »

http://artmusic.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,3538.0.html

Hans Eklund Music for Orchestra on Swedish radio
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2014, 08:45:16 pm »

When I downloaded the files of Eklund, Börtz, Boldeman and Nilsson, so,ething went wrong writing the medaifire address to the post.I corrected this by re-writing it twicw. Hopefully the links are o.k.

Sorry Jolly Roger, I overlooked your message on Hans Eklund's Musik för Orkester.
Report Spam   Logged
gabriel
Level 2

Times thanked: 16

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2014, 10:46:50 pm »

Many thanks to Elroel for his uploads of Swedish symphonic works... and for using a lossless format!! Maybe, in the future, it will be standard in our dear Forum.
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2014, 11:54:44 pm »

When I downloaded the files of Eklund, Börtz, Boldeman and Nilsson, so,ething went wrong writing the medaifire address to the post.I corrected this by re-writing it twicw. Hopefully the links are o.k.

Sorry Jolly Roger, I overlooked your message on Hans Eklund's Musik för Orkester.

apparently you have seen it..thanks for watching the broadcast links
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2014, 01:05:57 am »

Hi guys,

One  of the members complained about the lenght of the files in my latest Swedish posts, what gave him, with a slow and unstable internet connection, troubles by downloading.
In have four of the files made into mp3 (192kbs) files and placed them in my original post.
Hope it helps.

Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2014, 05:57:41 pm »

Quote from: shamus on March 12, 2014, 08:04:51 pm
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/4FD5eY2eOalIs9M7DX7DpA

'Here you will find Pergament's piano and cello concertos. The Cello Concerto is definitely from a concert with applause, however, I couldn't tell who the performers were, and the Piano Concerto may not be admissible--not sure if it's a concert or not. I searched the web for the piece, the pianist, any recording, etc. and came up with nothing, so if anyone feels it should be removed, just let me know and I will do so.'

OK - anyone able to provide a little 'safety' assistance ? Sendspace offers no less than 5 buttons to click saying download - any ideas which one might actually give access to the music, as opposed to lumping you with some tripe you don't want  & are then expected to pay for - or a virus/spyware etc..
Sorry, don't wish to appear ungrateful, just profoundly mistrustful of sites such as this...best answer, of course - ignore the suggestion to download at all; that rather defeats the object of Mr. Shamus' kind efforts, however !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
cjvinthechair
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2014, 06:00:54 pm »

Hi guys,

One  of the members complained about the lenght of the files in my latest Swedish posts, what gave him, with a slow and unstable internet connection, troubles by downloading.
In have four of the files made into mp3 (192kbs) files and placed them in my original post.
Hope it helps.

Lovely music, Mr. Roelof. Many thanks !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2014, 06:18:39 pm »

Quote from: shamus on March 12, 2014, 08:04:51 pm
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/4FD5eY2eOalIs9M7DX7DpA

'Here you will find Pergament's piano and cello concertos. The Cello Concerto is definitely from a concert with applause, however, I couldn't tell who the performers were, and the Piano Concerto may not be admissible--not sure if it's a concert or not. I searched the web for the piece, the pianist, any recording, etc. and came up with nothing, so if anyone feels it should be removed, just let me know and I will do so.'

OK - anyone able to provide a little 'safety' assistance ? Sendspace offers no less than 5 buttons to click saying download - any ideas which one might actually give access to the music, as opposed to lumping you with some tripe you don't want  & are then expected to pay for - or a virus/spyware etc..
Sorry, don't wish to appear ungrateful, just profoundly mistrustful of sites such as this...best answer, of course - ignore the suggestion to download at all; that rather defeats the object of Mr. Shamus' kind efforts, however !

Click on the file name, ie the underlined web address http etc etc. That takes you to another page, from which you click on "click here to download from sendspace".

That should work.....it did for me :)
Report Spam   Logged
shamus
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2014, 07:50:45 pm »

Sorry, reuploaded using mediafire the Pergament pf cto and cello cto.
Report Spam   Logged
Malito
Level 2

Times thanked: 8

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2014, 08:03:15 pm »

Jolly Roger:

Thanks so much for all the Swedish music lately.  I love the music of Hans Eklund---what a pity that he is not better-known!  I also enjoyed the symphony no. 2 of Anders Nilsson.  Alas, nothing happens when I try to download his Violin Concerto.  Could you check into that?  I so appreciate all the music I get here...when you're retired as I am and have little to do, this is an excellent and exiting addition to an otherwise mediocre life.  Thank you again!  Malito
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: