The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:41:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Beatbox

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beatbox  (Read 284 times)
guest799
« on: April 12, 2020, 11:04:54 am »

Jenya Kichigin from an early age discovered the talent of a beatboxer. After hearing the beatbox performed by one of the percussionists of the England group, he decided to try to play similar sounds, and he succeeded. It is worth noting that Jenya makes a cappella sounds, which can be safely compared to a professionally recorded sound. His friends support his passion for BeatBoxing, and he has begun to perform frequently at events.

Beatbox is a kind of industrial percussion that primarily involves the art of imitating a drama machine, using only your mouth, lips, language and voice. However, it can also include singing, vocal scratching, imitation work with turntables, sounds of wind instruments, strings, DJ scraping and many others. Today Beatbox is closely linked to hip-hop culture, often referred to as "the fifth element of hip-hop", although beatbox is not limited to beatbox music. The term "beatbox" is sometimes used to refer to vocal percussion in general.

- Jenya, how did you learn to beatbox - purposefully or find talent in yourself?

At the time when I started playing different sounds, there was no such direction as Beatbox. My father and I were sounding a computer game and the task was to voice the main personage in a way that would match his voice to his mood, so we tried different ways to record the voice in the studio at home. We also sounded different actions that the personage encountered in the course of the game, such as opening the door, starting the car, kicking a soccer ball - it's incredibly interesting to sit and think about what sound you can pick up different options. In fact, in the modern art of beatboxing, if you compare by analogy, all very much like there is a basis and the sounds that you play consistently, at the time when I got carried away with the sounding I did not set a global task for myself, day after day we were doing something new, studied the library of sounds of various downloaded software, as well as found interesting sounds by doing different actions - it's a very interesting process.

- Do you improvise at events, or do you play a certain sound?

Usually when performing a beatbox at an event I make a prepared program there are individual performances which are prepared accordingly for the event observing the subject and specifics of the audience present at the event. This process requires more time to prepare in this case customers inform earlier about the upcoming event.

- What period do you think you can learn beatboxing in?

It all depends on each individual I can say for sure that you can learn the basic skills of beatboxing after 2-3 years of training 2-3 hours a day. It depends on who you train with, whether there is someone nearby who can explain the correct sound technique. Now there is a huge amount of teaching material on the Internet, which will be much easier for you to learn before it was not mainly a few training videos, which all watched and tried to do something similar. After a short period of time a lot of changed Internet resources offer a lot of tutorial beatbox.
- What period do you think you can learn beatboxing in?

It all depends on each individual I can say for sure that you can learn the basic skills of beatboxing after 2-3 years of training 2-3 hours a day. It depends on who you train with, whether there is someone nearby who can explain the correct sound technique. Now there is a huge amount of training material on the Internet, which will make it much easier for you to learn before that was not mainly a few training videos, which everyone watched and tried to do something similar. After a short period of time a lot has changed online resources offer a lot of tutorial beatbox material.

- How do you think this direction is developed in Russia?

Now BeatBoxing in Russia is developing very rapidly, there are more and more new stars of this genre, the level of performances has also grown, which of course I'm very pleased with. I think if it goes on like this, we'll overtake all of them, young people in Russia have always been very active exactly this is happening now. People are increasingly interested in new modern types of art and opportunities with the development of such Internet services as YouTube, Instagram also contributes to the popularization of the genre. Last year we together with "Fitness House" opened one more beatbox school in Debenko "Limpic BeatBox House" so I take this opportunity to invite everyone to open classes on BeatBox.
- What do your parents think about your passion?

They're happy that I have a favorite thing to do. Children very often become a projection of their parents and continue in some way what they grew up on. My parents are very creative people and they always make sure that my sister and I don't sit at home and do what we like best. So understanding is of course also very important
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest224
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 12:09:35 am »

Spam!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: