The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:39:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

New to the Art Music Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the Art Music Forum  (Read 879 times)
San Antone
Level 1

Times thanked: 0

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2019, 03:44:55 am »

I just heard about the existence of this forum from Symphony Addict in a discussion about Henk Badings on another forum.  So, I decided to join, since I am always looking for places to discuss music.

My musical interests beyond Classical music generally include:

Jazz
Blues
Old time/Bluegrass
Early Music - Guillaume Machaut is a particular favorite

Currently the composers I am listening to the most are Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Schubert and Schumann - but there have been periods when I was listening mostly to Feldman, Cage, Stravinsky and Boulez.  Overall, I prefer solo piano/chamber music to orchestral works.

I guess the main thing that might differentiate my listening habits from many Classical music listeners, is that I listen almost totally uncritically.  I don't often compare recordings, and rarely will express something about a work other than I enjoyed it or like the composer's music.  I am not one to go into lengthy descriptions of my experience of a work.  For me the primary benefit of being a member of a music forum is to see what others are listening to and discovering music I've not heard before.

Anyway, that's a little about me - I'd like to hear from and about all of you.

8)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: