The Art-Music Forum
December 11, 2019, 02:53:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare (non-copyright) recordings, and discuss all the Arts in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight. To participate, simply log in or register.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Estonian Music

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Estonian Music  (Read 9346 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 134

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2012, 02:57:54 am »

We ARE now well off-course Grin

To an extent I was being deliberately provocative Grin  I can perfectly well sit through a Mozart Piano Concerto and I should try harder with Lutoslawski.

But, as for Rachmaninov and Delius Roll Eyes No, I am sorry, I simply cannot abide the former's wallowing in nostalgic romanticism and I loathe the Second Symphony AND the Second Piano Concerto. Delius simply bores me to tears; all this lying around in summer gardens or drifting slowly down a river.........I keep on wanting to shout "get on with it". "Brigg Fair" is ok, I suppose....but that's about it.

As for Mahler Huh  I am a Brucknerian and I dislike intensely the current obsession with Mahler's music. He is the most over-recorded composer around at the present time. Mahler's First and Second are among my favourite works of all time (the absolutely heavenly closing 15 minutes of the 2nd reduces me to tears everytime I listen to it) but the later symphonies are harder-going for me. I can appreciate their greatness.....but give me the Bruckner 7th, 8th and 9th above them any time Grin

Anyway.......I fear this has drifted far too far from the subject of the thread and that is something I always deplore Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: