The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:26:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Myaskovsky Sym No 1 and 13

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Myaskovsky Sym No 1 and 13  (Read 766 times)
guest377
« on: August 02, 2019, 03:58:35 am »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SCHFBQN/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_8?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I don't know.. I have not heard this performance yet... not surprised.... but really Ural Youth Symphony Orchestra??!?

Perhaps they were not compensated since they are youth...

Any thoughts on this recording?   I have the Svetlanov complete cycle that eventually made its way to Warner Bros in France.   but  Youth????
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest224
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 10:30:46 am »

Well, why not?  How is the actual performance?  I commend anyone who sets up a youth orchestra and encourages that enthusiasm, and aspiration to produce a recording.
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 06:08:20 pm »

I believe this is the same orchestra that Toccata was going to use for future recordings  (Martin??)
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 10:40:08 am »

Well that's good isn't it?  I'm just trying to figure out why the seemingly negative view of them in your first post?
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 07:04:50 pm »

Well I saw this on sale at my local music shop for USD $4.99  so I picked one up.   I'll let you know how it sounds.
Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 03:41:03 am »

I've been listening to this CD all day... it is a great performance.  Worth adding it to your collection.
Report Spam   Logged
Vandermolen
Level 4

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 08:35:19 am »

I've been listening to this CD all day... it is a great performance.  Worth adding it to your collection.

Thanks. I think I'll get this one sooner or later. Amazingly it's on sale in the local HMV shop. The Olympia/Alto series of complete symphonies is being reissued as a boxed set (without the additional orchestral works) next week.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: