The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:10:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

World premiere of Erkki-Sven Tüür’s Symphony No. 9 „Mythos“ 11.01.2018

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World premiere of Erkki-Sven Tüür’s Symphony No. 9 „Mythos“ 11.01.2018  (Read 1397 times)
guest377
« on: February 25, 2018, 03:29:53 am »

World premiere of Erkki-Sven Tüür’s Symphony No. 9 „Mythos“

Estonian Festival Orchestra under the baton of Paavo Järvi will give the first performance of Erkki-Sven Tüür’s Ninth Symphony Mythos. Concerts dedicated to the 100th birthday of the Republic of Estonia will take place on January 16 at 7 pm in Tallinn, Estonia Concert Hall and January 18 at 8 pm in Brussels, Bozar Centre for Fine Arts. Concert in Tallinn features Viktoria Mullova who will perform Johannes Brahm’s Violin Concerto. Program includes also Dmitri Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 6 in B minor. Concert in Brussels presents also Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten and Fratres by Arvo Pärt. The Ninth Symphony was commissioned from Tüür by the Government Office of Estonia for the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Estonia. According to composer, the title is associated with these myths that arise about nations and how they achieved their independence. Also it deals with the long history of Fenno-Ugric tribes and our Nordic/Baltic nature.

The concert in Brussels marks the beginning of the first tour of Estonian Festival Orchestra abroad. EFO gives seven concerts in different concert halls in Europe: Bozar (18.01), Zürich Tonhalle (20.01), Kölner Philharmonie (21.01), Berliner Philharmonie (22.01), Vienna Konzerthaus (23.01) and Philharmonie Luxembourg (24.01).

The Estonian Festival Orchestra was founded by Paavo Järvi in 2011 and made it’s debut at the newly inaugurated Pärnu Music Festival as the resident summer orchestra.  Orchestra brings together the best of Estonian talent and leading musicians from from around the world.

Concert in Tallinn will be live broadcast in Klassikaraadio.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

relm1
Level 4

Times thanked: 23

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 01:49:13 am »

Coincidentally, my orchestral work "Mythos" was premiered 10 years ago in November, 2008. 
Excerpt:
https://picosong.com/wLgXm
Report Spam   Logged
Vandermolen
Level 4

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 06:37:07 pm »

Coincidentally, my orchestral work "Mythos" was premiered 10 years ago in November, 2008. 
Excerpt:

I liked your 'Mythos' very much.
Report Spam   Logged
relm1
Level 4

Times thanked: 23

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 01:14:37 am »

Excerpt:

I liked your 'Mythos' very much.

Interestingly, I very much enjoyed Tuur's Symphony No. 9 "Mythos" which I just heard yesterday!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: