The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:59:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

SOME unrecorded British Piano Concertos, 1934-94

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOME unrecorded British Piano Concertos, 1934-94  (Read 5842 times)
Amphissa
Level 2

Times thanked: 5

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2019, 12:03:51 am »

I was not intending to criticize or even question Dundonnell's original post, and I was satisfied with his reply to my question. He clearly expressed his opinion and offered up his personally chosen list. It's his list. If someone else wants to make a different list, well, do it.

As to whether or not the concertos listed deserve to be commercially recorded, that's a matter of personal opinion. Obviously, Dundonnell believes they do. As to whether labels would consider the investment commercially sound, that's another issue entirely.

I'm not as expert as Dundonnell, of course, but I've heard some of the concertos listed, and I've heard other works by most of the composers. I liked a few of the concertos well enough to listen more than once. Others I disliked intensely and am not happy that Dundonnell reminded me that I wasted hours of my life listening to them.  :-\

Would I actually buy CDs of any of these concertos? Would anyone other than a completist buy CDs of any of these concertos? Of course, those questions have ZERO relevance to Dundonnell's original post. He would. What is there to argue about?

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: