The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:37:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

SOME unrecorded British Piano Concertos, 1934-94

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOME unrecorded British Piano Concertos, 1934-94  (Read 5825 times)
relm1
Level 4

Times thanked: 23

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2019, 01:53:43 am »

So, this is just out of curiosity/interest, why not all the unrecorded concertos by composers from Russia, Italy, France, USA, Germany, China, Japan, etc?

I don't have a list. I'm sure it would be long. Just asking.

The answer to your question is because there is only so much any one person can do. I have a particular interest in British music and hope that others might be interested in my list.

If others wish to work on similar lists of music from other countries then that would be just fine.

Regarding the USA however, there does not appear to be a huge body of American piano concertos written by well-known or relatively well-known composers. I might point out five which have not been recorded:

1944: Roy Harris No.1
1949: Paul Creston
1950: David Diamond
1953: Roy Harris No.2
2006: Benjamin Lees No.3

I think the point of your lists is that you are listing composers that YOU care about.  I think that is totally valid.  But when you define a composer as less well known, well...less well known to who?  You!  I can name some very famous composers who are not in your list but that is because you don't know about them.  So this whole topic is subjective and should just be considered as your personal opinion rather than anything definitive which some can interpret this thread as representing. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: