The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:14:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

KORNGOLD - Das Wunder der Heliane on Bluray and DVD

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KORNGOLD - Das Wunder der Heliane on Bluray and DVD  (Read 493 times)
guest776
« on: May 16, 2019, 09:37:08 pm »

The acclaimed Berlin production of this rarely performed opera (March 2018) was filmed and will be released in both Bluray and DVD editions on NAXOS - June 14 2019.

Here is the link:-

https://www.naxos.com/catalogue/item.asp?item_code=2.110584-85
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

M. Yaskovsky
Level 3

Times thanked: 33

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 07:24:22 pm »

Although there're some negative reviews here and there (production, singing of the tenor, acting) a sure buy for me.
Report Spam   Logged
patmos.beje
Level 4

Times thanked: 18

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 06:11:28 am »

Glad to see an important work of Korngold get a new release. I suppose most people, at least in the past, got to know his name through his Hollywood music. For me it was initially through the Violin Concerto.

What I am waiting for, and have been for some time, is a new CD of one of Korngold's film scores. One of the US speciality film labels - I can't remember which - stated it was planning to issue a soundtrack a while ago. So far nothing.

I am hoping it might be the original soundtrack of Juarez, gorgeous music from start to finish (it was released in Europe on the Tsunami label on a good sounding CD - but not officially in the USA), or Of Human Bondage which never has had a release but which, Tsunami, was supposed to be releasing many years ago. The label disappeared.

One lives in hope.
Report Spam   Logged
M. Yaskovsky
Level 3

Times thanked: 33

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 10:54:13 am »

William Stromberg started the Tribute Film Classics label, I think it was around 2008, and recorded The Prince and the Pauper (Moskou Symphony orch., under William Stromberg). Probably the label left the scene. They were very ambitious with Korngold, Steiner and the like.

Agree, a titbit of Juarez is on this double CD: Juarez Overture, 1939 & Captain Blood [rec. J.Morgan]
Brandenburger Philharmoniker, Potsdam, Richard Kaufman - MARCO POLO 8.223607/8;DDD
&
An 'Extended Suite' of On Human Bondage is on RCA 87890 - National Philharmonic orchestra olv Charles Gerhardt.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: