The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:51:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!  (Read 2154 times)
JimL
Level 3

Times thanked: 16

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2019, 07:51:27 pm »

It was in an ongoing discussion with Adriano about his Brilliant Classics Brun symphonies and concertos. Unless all of my posts have also been deleted, you should be able to find it towards the end of that thread. No doubt Mark has waxed turgidly eloquent about the fate that awaits all who run afoul of his statutes. I don't think he understands it doesn't operate that way anymore. I'm under the impression, from what I saw about the YT rules regarding copyright claims, that if I use copyrighted materials that have been monetized by the holders, the copyright holders can either A) block it outright, B) lay exclusive claim to any monetary proceeds resulting from ads run on my posts, or C) share some of those proceeds with me (an option which I haven't pursued, but may investigate at some future date). In any event, if the copyright holders pursue option B (which they do with many of my videos), it seems to me that they do get income from my posts (which I always have expressly approved in the headers of my presentations without fail). It would seem to me that if the label, or distributor, is the copyright holder, they have an agreement with YT that they will share a percentage of the ad proceeds with them. Whatever goes back to the copyright holder is disbursed as they see fit. I'm pretty sure that if Adriano has a gripe about the money, it's with them, not me, but hey, if UCF wants to cut off their nose to spite their face, that's no longer any business of mine. And I'm not responsible for the posts of his Fritz Brun symphonies by my YT colleagues, in any event. I've even warned one or two that I had to delete works that they subsequently posted because I got a warning from parties who had recently gained the rights, and that they might get a strike if they didn't take it down.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: