The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:23:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Spanish Music

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spanish Music  (Read 1713 times)
jowcol
Level 5

Times thanked: 30

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2014, 03:09:41 am »

Music of Jose Alberto Pina- Part 2

The Island of Light

Machine Translation (from Spanish) From composer's Web site
The symphonic poem "La Isla de la Luz" illustrates legends and places of the island of Menorca.

In "Cova d'en xoroi" We can hear the legend of a Moorish nicknamed xoroi, who after a pirate assault, was abandoned without being able to embark and was hidden long without anyone knowing. This robbed overnight he needed to feed and during the day hiding in the cave. No one suspected the thief but one day a young woman disappeared. After a few years on the island there was a heavy snowfall and the field was completely covered with snow.

The next morning some suspicious footprints leading to a cliff above the sea, where they discovered the cave where they found hidden this girl who was already the mother of three children and the pirate to not be a prisoner, he found went under vacuum .

In "Above the Clouds", the author gets carried away showing us his view of the island from the sky. A movement that keeps a strong emotional content with notes are not intended to describe an image but what causes it in the depths of the composer.

The work ends with "Giants" who is reported to have worked the stone like a great army it were, built architectural wonders like the famous "Talaiots".

It is commissioned by the Band of Ferreries (Menorca) on the occasion of its 150th anniversary.

Bermuda Triangle

The legend of this mysterious triangle was officially born on September 16, 1950, when the Association sent to the Associated Press reporter EVW Jones to the area bounded by Florida, Bermuda and Puerto Rico to report the mysterious disappearances of ships and aircraft. Other researchers claim that the area of the Bermuda Triangle is home to the legendary lost city of Atlantis. Of course I have never found evidence of neither this nor any existing theories so far.

Beyond the legend and the terror that can result in the pilots of planes and boats, the islands of Bermuda hold another charm and mysteries that can not spell, you just have to see them and  live them. Also being close to one of the most enigmatic of the world can be quite attractive. For years, the Bermuda Triangle has been a place of research for the many disappearances of ships and aircraft, but is also of Bermuda, where there is also a legend, but of love, which highlights the beauty of the beaches and pink sand. The color of its waters is attributed to love, which is why it is said that couples who kiss under the arches of stone and coral called Moongate have secured the happiness and good fortune.

About the Composer:
Autobiographical note from the score for "Bermuda Triangle"
José Alberto Pina was born in Cartagena in 1984 and began his musical studies as
percussionist before fully dedicating himself later to Orchestral Conducting and Composition. He finished his studies of Orchestra Conducting with José Miguel Rodilla at the Murcia Higher Conservatoire of Music. He also took advanced courses with such professors as José Rafael Pascual-Vilaplana, Jerzy Salwarosky, John Phillips (King’s College, London) César Álvarez, Jan Cober, Paolo Bellomia (University of Montreal), Frank de Vuyst, Thomas Verrier, Manuel Hernández Silva, Lutz Kholer at the Universität der Künste (UDK) in Berlin, etc.
His interest in composition is primarily self-taught, although he has attended courses by: Jan Van der Roost, Luis Serrano Alarcón, Oscar Navarro, Arnau Bataller, José Nieto, Eva Gancedo, Luis de Pablo and Antón García Abril.
Report Spam   Logged

All download links I have posted are for works, that, to  my knowledge, have never been commercially released in digital form.  Should you find I've been in error, please notify myself or an Administrator.  Please IM me if I've made any errors that require attention, as I may not read replies.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: